RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I just bought a 2002 Range Rover (new model), it's a fantastic car, but it doesn't have the original phone, now, I wan't to built in one myself, but I can't find any pics of an original phone. Can somebody help me with that?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
87 Posts
Do you mean the factory fitted phone system? If so let me know what you have and what's left and I will talk you through some options including a fully integrated Bluetooth phone system. 8)

Andy.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
87 Posts
Please contact me with an email address and I will let you know in greater detail what can be fitted and to check with you what parts your car already has. Basically the factory only offer one kit, a very expensive cordless phone that will only work near the car! However if your car has phone preperation you should (with relative ease) be able to retrofit a fully integrated Bluetooth kit. Check to see if your steering wheel has the "Face" button on the lower right hand side beneath the R/T button. If so thats a big step in the right direction!

Andy.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
8 Posts
I would also be interested in this information, I have the face button on the steering wheel, and the phone button on the display. :D

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
114 Posts
I too would be interested in getting this information. I have a Motorola V600 that is Blue Tooth enabled.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
9 Posts
Guys,

Checkout http://www.bimmernav.com for phone upgrades etc for RR.
(Yeah OK, it's BMW but it's the same gear!)
I've not used them, since the '04 were built without the wiring in place and no "Face" on the steering wheel. :cry:
George

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
8 Posts
Phone

Interesting site but where do you start, what part number do I buy, how do I fit it, I dont want to burn out the electrics doing a "diy Auto sparks" job. Any advise would be good.
Cheers.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
87 Posts
I have a full BMW Bluetooth kit that I have just removed from my X5. As I am now the proud owner of a 2001 4.6 Vogue SE I have no use for it so will shortly be "up for grabs!" :D

Anyone interested in retrofitting this into their 02+ Range Rover (as I originally intented had I purchased one!) must have a pre 2005 model with phone prep on their car and if they want to fit the front centre cradle to charge the phone be cable of a little DIY electrics. :wink:

All this and a few hundred quid and the end result will be a fully integrated phone system.

Andy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts