RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulling the trigger on my first RR. Can't wait! I've decided to splurge on SV. Right now I'm leaning towards Byron Blue even though it is not SVO. I just really like the color of it and how it changes in the light. Feels classy and love pictures of this color in brochure.

I'm trying to decide on a couple of items: Interior and Wheels.

My gut tells me to go with Navy/Cirrus Poltrana Frau because the blue goes blends with the blue exterior. But I also love the all-tan Poltrana Frau. Either one I am going with Satin Santos Palisander trim.

I'm also trying to decide between the Style 1046 wheels that look great in the brochure photos and the exclusive SV wheels - Style 7018. Can't tell how those wheels would really look on the Byron Blue. Thought about just buying a set of each wheels as I'll probably put winter tires on one set anyway.

Anyone have any suggestions on interior color choice or wheels?

I also love the Racing Green with Tan (totally classic) but I like the lighter blue color. I also considered the duo color tone of Black and Flux silver, but ultimately don't want a black RR.

Thanks (in advance) for your help. Met with dealer her in KC today and we're just waiting on ordering to open in the next few weeks!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
Colors are hugely personal preference, but I will say that the Byron Blue color is nice, just very subtle and doesn't pop at all in my opinion. You can also get it on a $50k Discovery. If I were spending $220k on an RR, I'd personally pick something a little more special looking. The SVO paint is all hand done and really something else.

British Racing Green looks fantastic in person. If you want something really special, Madagascar Orange looks stunning in person, I've seen it in matte and WOW. I understand it's not for everyone.

Anytime you can get something not avail on lesser models, and especially for free, I think that's cool. The. 7018's look nice, I will say that I'm very glad I went with 21's this time, much better ride than my 22's.

All the Poltrona interiors are super nice, i like some contrast though so I personally wouldn't go all brown.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for feedback. Would you go Spectral Racing Green over Racing Green? Orange is too bold for me. I totally get what you are saying around Byron Blue. Tough because I like the color. And I like the navy/cirrus interior which limits colors that match.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I am wondering if I should go Spectral Blue as that will work with navy cirrus interior and my wife and daughters actually like the spectral blue color...

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Spectral colors are absolutely incredible. You won’t dislike any of them. Blue exterior on navy and white interior is a classically awesome rover spec in my book!

Here’s what the orange one looked like in satin so you can get an idea of how special their colors look.

[video] https://youtu.be/A_wktN3em28[/video]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok - so now I've changed my build to the Duo Tone Spectral Blue (with Santorini Black). Totally get the whole idea if I'm going to splurge on a SVO vehicle, go SVO! In summary:

SVO Special Paint - Duo Tone Spectral Blue
7018 Wheels
Standard Accents
Navy/Cirrus Poltrana Frau Interior
Satin Santos Palisander Trim
Wood Table Tops
Heated Windshield
Cirrus Leather Headliner

·
Registered
298 Posts
You’ll be doing us a huge disservice if you don’t post LOTS of pics of that build!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I will! Although dealer says it could be January or February until I receive it. Booo. That’s a long lead time for a 2019 order placed as soon as order books open in a few weeks accordingly to local dealer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Visiting the dealer today at lunch to look at more colors. Considering switching to either British Racing Green, Spectral British Racing Green or either one of those plus Santorini Black as a Duo Tone. That's also led me to potentially switch to black/ivory interior. Colors have always been the death of me. When I used to build new Porsche's I would spend days in the configurator and in google looking at photos of colors.

Does anyone have any feedback on the duo tones? I can't find any images of Duo Tone vehicles outside of black/gray. Could be because people think Duo Tone is ugly...or could be because it is ridiculously priced...or both. I am just embracing the SVO build and trying to go all out. I also am not having good luck seeing picts of Spectral British racing green. Most make it look just like normal racing green just with more pop, but one looked crazy like spectral blue..

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've never seen the Duo Tone. They look nice in the very few pics I've seen, but ya just not worth $25k+ to most.

The Spectral Racing Green looks really cool. Not my style personally but you can certainly tell the paint job is a work of art.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I also always consider resale. As much as these rigs dump in price (I saved $40K on MSRP by purchasing a year-old rig with less than 18K miles), color selections should be paramount if you plan to sell. Stick with popular exterior and interior selections...more "customers" will be interested when its time to sell. Unless you keep them, or trade them in...at that point perhaps a non-issue for you.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Does anyone have any feedback on the duo tones? I can't find any images of Duo Tone vehicles outside of black/gray.
duo-tone is only available for the SVA and obviously there aren't many of those. I actually thought it was only available in black/grey. I've seen an SVA in that color in Boston recently and snapped some horrible pictures (no excuse) but in real life, it looked better than stunning. What's better than stunning? Anyway, it looked super great.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vu7dWRqa6eYxyRr88

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If you like Byron blue, how about going with windward grey. They are pretty similar, with windward being more rare. I am curious how satin windward would look, that could be special.

I wouldn't get an exotic color just because your are going with the SVA, you don't want to end up with a color you will get sick of in a a couple months.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for your great feedback. As of now, as I still await the order window to open, I’m leaning towards duo tone back with Spectral blue. Second choice is black with Spectral racing green. Third is racing green (non-Spectral), no duo tone. Kids and wife love spectral blue and think I should go all spectral blue but i think the duo tone with black makes it more subtle and at night makes car look fancier. It’s like a car full of surprises with that combo. And for those who know SVA it is a subtle clue of its specialness. Who the heck knows. Colors are so fun but torture me. As my 12year old daughter says, “First world problems”.

Thank you all for humoring me. I’ll keep you posted and keep the suggestions coming!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW - does anyone have any feedback on Navy/Cirrus vs Ebony/Ivory Poltrana Frau if I'm going with Duo Tone exterior of Santorini Black and Spectral Blue? I was leaning towards navy/cirrus because it's different and because I'm was thinking Navy with Spectral Blue exterior. But Ebony/Ivory might go just as well given black leather dash.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Order bank just opened for 2019s. Dealer entered my build yesterday afternoon. Went with Duo Tone/Spectral Blue, Navy/Cirrus Poltrana Frau interior with Satin Santos Palisander trim.

Crazy part - ETA is set as 3/1/19. March??? Crazy long lead time. Thx to all for your help!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Order bank just opened for 2019s. Dealer entered my build yesterday afternoon. Went with Duo Tone/Spectral Blue, Navy/Cirrus Poltrana Frau interior with Satin Santos Palisander trim.

Crazy part - ETA is set as 3/1/19. March??? Crazy long lead time. Thx to all for your help!
I don't know why your dealership told you the 2019 orders just opened. The 2019 orders began in late May. My order went hard 5/22/2018 with a 7/20/18 build date, 9/21/18 delivery date. (Atlanta, GA). Mine is the HSE TD6 but a friends '19 SVAutobiography Dynamic was placed 5/28/18.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know why your dealership told you the 2019 orders just opened. The 2019 orders began in late May. My order went hard 5/22/2018 with a 7/20/18 build date, 9/21/18 delivery date. (Atlanta, GA). Mine is the HSE TD6 but a friends '19 SVAutobiography Dynamic was placed 5/28/18.
That is strange. He was so specific...who the heck knows. I guess it is a moot point anyway - I couldn't make up my mind on exterior colors until yesterday anyway. Curious what your friend's SVA Dynamic estimated delivery month is. Do you happen to know? I still am trying to understand how Land Rover has such a long lead time (compared to say Porsche).

·
Registered
298 Posts
The SVO point itself can add months to the delivery time. Also sometimes options are very rare or inventory is low, and add to lead time. When i ordered my Autobiography, I selected a wood/leather steering wheel, and my lead time was 9 months. Switching to an all leather wheel reduced my lead time to just 10 weeks.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

I am pretty sure they have a few ordering groups through the model year. The first group was for sure filled by now, it's possible that they just started opening more orders again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts