RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer today to order a black supercharged sport. I wanted the car with every single option including the stormer wheels. So when we were first doing the paperwork, I asked him if i could get the stormer wheels and he said I will put it on the order form but I am not sure if it will come with them or not. The wheels don't really matter to me that much so I didn't really care. So after all is said and done I asked him if I could get some type of paperwork with the full price of the car so I can at least know what I am going to be paying when it gets here. He told me he couldn't do that until the car came in because he won't know the exact price. I asked him why and he said that sometimes the cars don't come with the exact options you request. I am compleatly confused why the car wouldn't come with the exact options i requested, I am already waiting 3-4 months for the car. He says if the car the factory sends him doesn't have the exact options i requested we have to do another order form and wait again. What kind of service is this? I filled out an order form with exactly what I want, why wouldn't I get it. Has anyone else been told this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the dealer is taking you by the nose - he should be able to 'custom' order your car per your specifications and get the EXACT car that you require (the stormer wheels do have limited availability though) - I think he's just trying to get you to buy some of the cars that he has coming in in any case or trying to find you a dealer trade that comes as close to your specs as it can be- I would choose another dealer and just ask them to order the car per the specs that YOU define - and not the dealership

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stormer wheels are the wheels that come on the orange superchared sport. I doubt he will be able to get me those. I don't have another dealer in my city I would have to order one from another city. I already ordered the car from them so I will wait the few months and hope it comes they way I asked for it. If not I will probably use a car locater to find me one in stock at a dealer and just ship it over to me.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
126 Posts
should be able to do everything by email, post and fax so you're not tied to any specific dealer in your area. Should even be able to negotiate delivery to your home if the dealer wants your business. 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so this does sound sketchy to you guys right? If he places an order their shouldn't be any problems with me receiving exactly what i ordered correct?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Most dealers in my area are alotted 2 Range Sports a month. He must not be a very high volume dealer as he sounds like he is going to give you what he gets (leftovers) or is going to call around to all the dealerships for a black one. My dealer took my exact order and used one of her two slots for me. It is ordered directly from the factory. The dealer in Alexandria VA has a black one in stock... test drove it yesterday. I would order from a different dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts