RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have asked my dealer but havent gotten a response yet, my original order had a build date of Dec 08 2017, but the dealer forgot to add the black contrast roof, I caught it on the build sheet and had them revised it 3 days before the "last amendment date" but when I got the revised build sheet back it had a new build date of Jan 12 2018, more than a month delayed... the order numbers are the same, so Im not sure if the contrast roof takes longer or something? Anyone else experience this? Below are screenshots of the build sheet:

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 5.25.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 5.25.36 PM.png

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
There's something going on with contrast roofs both 494 and 405.
At this point this is normal, contrast roofs add significantly to the wait time. I doubt we'd ever
1. find out the actual reason
2. see it anywhere officially verified
3. can do anything about it,

So best to just roll with it

·
Registered
321 Posts
At least you caught it before you got your vehicle without Contrast roof. At least it will be start to new year with the L494 think of it that way! Hope to see pics once it arrives for you please share!

·
Registered
24 Posts
That did not happen to my order, I have updated the roof option and the build date didn't change.

What about your "Order Number" did that change..?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks so much for the replies everyone! My order number didn't change... it is the same on both build sheets. So I guess it is just a mystery... But I am now hoping that my dealer selected the contrast roof with the panoramic glass... does anyone know what code that is? The one on my build sheet is 080AN - I attached a screenshot. With the history of the dealer missing this I don't want to assume it is right this time. haha.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.25.28 AM.png

Update... sorry looks like the panoramic roof is a stand alone separate item... The earlier mistakes on the order just had me freaked a bit. haha

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.39.25 AM.png

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry, looks like i didn't read the entire post.. :razz: before replying to it.

080AN looks to be the code.. (at least i have the same code in my build sheet.)
Adding some screenshot, in case that give you some peace of mind. (before and after)
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.27.51 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 9.30.19 AM.jpg

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You don't want a car built right before Christmas anyway. Your Jan 12 date should get you a better car!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
That did not happen to my order, I have updated the roof option and the build date didn't change.
Whatever the problem was with the roof, it seems to be resolved. My build date was brought up by over a month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts