RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I just bought 2013 RR ATB and did my research for extended warranty in the forums and with local dealerships.

I am getting two options
1. Fidelity - LR service magnets at 2 dealerships recommended this one. Costs me 9200 for 5 years or 60k miles extra work 100 dollar deductible
2. Securenet From Gulf State- Sewell in Houston selling this one for 4000 for 4 years or 75k miles with 100 dollar deductible. They don't offer 5 years option.
Few service managers at different dealerships are saying positive things about Securenet as its Lexus/Toyota' extended warranty company. Everyone talks positive about Fidelity.

Coverage is sameas both are exclusionary policies. But my concern is LR service managers in my area have not worked with Securenet or say Gulf State.

Anybody has any inputs for Gulf State extended car warranty. Price difference is too much.

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
I know experiences with extended warranty companies can be "variable", so I went to the finance manager at the local dealership and got one from the company they deal with and have had good experiences with. Some name I had never heard of but I went with their recommendation.

Interestingly they told me that the Land Rover "Certified Pre-Owned" warranty, if you can get it, is nowhere near as good in terms of coverage as a good third party warranty.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a 5 year 75k additional mileage warranty on my 2014 AB. Have used a gentleman named Michael Jourdan at Mossy Motors in Louisiana. He typically sells them at cost +5% or 10%. I know him from referrals from the Rennlist forum and have used him before. PM me for his contact info. No affiliation whatsoever, just trying to help out!!!

·
FOUNDER
638 Posts
Mine was a 5 year 85K total mileage (ie about 11K miles per year for me after subtracting the 32K existing mileage) warranty for about $5.4K total, $200 deductable which the dealer waives if you do the repairs through them. making it less than I am used to spending for a single visit to the dealer for my Mk II and III.

Cheers

John

I just bought a 5 year 75k additional mileage warranty on my 2014 AB. Have used a gentleman named Michael Jourdan at Mossy Motors in Louisiana. He typically sells them at cost +5% or 10%. I know him from referrals from the Rennlist forum and have used him before. PM me for his contact info. No affiliation whatsoever, just trying to help out!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts