RangeRovers.net Forum banner

141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Let us know how the install goes... I have been following that thread as well. It seems like the Merryway may be a more involved install than the NaviPlus.

Are you going to install it yourself or have some auto audio/video shop do it?

Thanks.
Will do. I’ll be installing myself. Will likely be this weekend.

Thanks, W84IT... my unit arrived today and all looks good. Thanks for the quick shipment.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
694 Posts
You're welcome. Be sure to call or text me when you have it installed. It can be a little tricky to get it all set up. There are some hidden menus that you might need to access to change some settings. The powerfulUK guys speak about this in one of their videos...

·
Registered
1 Posts
resurrecting this thread rather than starting a new one. Just had Signature Audio in Scottsdale install the NaviPlus Apple CarPlay modules that I bought some time ago. Was waiting to see if RR could solve the native system connection issues, which were not resolved to my satisfaction. A couple of initial observations. Installers had some initial issues with dip switch positions needed to be used. After a bit of down time waiting for the sun to come up down under the Aussie developers were right on the spot helping solve the issue. Many thanks to them. System now seems seamless, though on first impression the screen resolution is not crisp.

System seems to work great. Waze was running in the background when I left the shop and warned of a red light camera upcoming. There is a bit of flickering on the waze screen, will see about that. Bottom line right now is this is working just like some rental cars I have had recently with CarPlay. Just hook it up and go. The navigation button on the dash now brings up the CarPlay screen with a soft button on the bottom left accessing the apps. First day, but pretty happy so far. Will post some updates after I have lived with it for a while. The install shop has been looking for system like this that integrates into the basic vehicle system. They said this one looks as good as any aftermarket they have found, at least for Rover.
@DieselD, I'm in Scottsdale and have a '16 as well. Can u share what you paid Signature for the install? Interested in doing the same.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
207 Posts
Ray is awesome.

I installed it in about 3 hours with lots of little breaks to keep my dogs happy.

installed in a 2016 Sport

2CDC2836-4397-48CA-8FA2-E1378B0B9CAE.jpeg

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ray is awesome.

I installed it in about 3 hours with lots of little breaks to keep my dogs happy.

View attachment 281240
I just did an install in a 2015 L494 today and the owner was very pleased. He drove all the way from San Diego to get this unit installed. I asked him to register on this forum and post a review so hopefully you guys will see that soon.

·
Registered
143 Posts
@DieselD, I'm in Scottsdale and have a '16 as well. Can u share what you paid Signature for the install? Interested in doing the same.
memory serves, it was $750 or so. I am thinking it might be less since they have experimented on my car. Talk with Sean. They also did a killer audio upgrade using Audison amp. Love it. Tell them David sent you

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ray is awesome.

Could you tell me the nav program in the photo? I am using Waze and it not quite as crisp as this pic

View attachment 281240

·
Registered
694 Posts
memory serves, it was $750 or so. I am thinking it might be less since they have experimented on my car. Talk with Sean. They also did a killer audio upgrade using Audison amp. Love it. Tell them David sent you
If you're located in Southern Cali, I can install the Android unit for an additional $300 if you're willing to bring your vehicle to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I've read through this entire thread - thank you all so much! I am thisclose to purchasing the NaviPlus (and you're right - they are wonderfully responsive). Before I dive in, I have two questions I'm hoping you can help me with:

1. I know their website says warrantees won't be impacted. Has anyone here had an issue with your warranty post-installation?
2. I live in San Francisco - by chance does anyone in this group know someone in the Bay Area who is familiar with installing this kit? I have a 2016 RRS.

A million thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
have had no issues with the Naviplus system since install except the image is just a tad too large for the screen in my '16. They have been pretty responsive and were very much so when my local installer put it in. I lived in Marin for several years, but have no suggestions for you on install. You will need someone who understands the Range Rover basic architecture to do the install. My Scottsdale shop does a bunch of these cars for the dealer each month

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hi. I've read through this entire thread - thank you all so much! I am thisclose to purchasing the NaviPlus (and you're right - they are wonderfully responsive). Before I dive in, I have two questions I'm hoping you can help me with:

1. I know their website says warrantees won't be impacted. Has anyone here had an issue with your warranty post-installation?
2. I live in San Francisco - by chance does anyone in this group know someone in the Bay Area who is familiar with installing this kit? I have a 2016 RRS.

A million thanks!
If you like the NaviPlus then you will love this...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm an apple guy

·
Registered
143 Posts
OK, I got confused by the Android name. Does this install allow for the full functionality of the RRS apps? The Naviplus replaces the 4x4 information. Still shows drive train and wheel position, just not the altitude etc

·
Registered
694 Posts
OK, I got confused by the Android name. Does this install allow for the full functionality of the RRS apps? The Naviplus replaces the 4x4 information. Still shows drive train and wheel position, just not the altitude etc
Yes, all of your OEM features are retained...none of your OEM features are replaced with anything. You can switch from OEM to Android at the touch of a button on the screen. When you have the OEM screen displayed, you really can't tell that it's an aftermarket screen...the buttons from the side packs are now virtual buttons on the screen. The NaviPlus is okay but the Android unit is so much better. I've had a few customers that had the NaviPlus but they ended up giving up on it and purchasing one of my Android screens. Just follow these threads and you will see...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am wanting to get the NaviPlus unit and contacted them to see if I could get any price break, they said they would with 2-3 other orders but wouldn't commit to a price without knowing the quantity. Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I really like the look of this solution. Any chance that 5 or so of us on the forum could put together a group buy so to receive a discount? I'm in Carpentaria, CA. Do you know of any experienced installers around here?
I believe If you hit Ray up here he’ll have a discount code for you.
I love mine.

141 - 160 of 164 Posts