RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE 5.0
18 Posts
That sounds very well found indeed. Was the wheel change hard to do?
The steering wheel swap was easy, heated wheel to heated wheel, took about 20 minutes including raising the hood all the way up and disconnecting the battery

·
Registered
2011 RRSC
95 Posts
I will say this just because no one else has. The surrond cameras are useless in the real world and do NOT provide a 360 overhead type view. They also have to be manually turned on for use. The high beam assist that comes with the package is ok but less sensitive then more modern versions and I find my self manually overriding it as it waits far too long to kick to low beam. Honestly just get one that has the lux package and the colors you want anything else is likely to be a bonus you will not miss. Even the HD audio system is overrated. While it is better it is not that much better then regular HK system.

I have 2 the 07 HSELux and the 11SC with vision assist, HK HD audio and quad climate with recline rear seats.

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover Supercharged [green], 2012 Range Rover Supercharged [black]
17 Posts
if you want green, hold out for green -- took me ages to find the right one with the right options in green and i definitely over paid but it was worth it. Range Rover spends a lot of time up in Park City, couldn't ask for a better ski rig.

looks even better next to her little stable mate

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Everybody's must haves are different. I wanted the SC so it simplified things by including them. As for the auto headlight dimmer, mine works perfect but certainly not a deal breaker. I like the cameras but same. Having the rear facing camera is very useful with checking on your trailer load. I'm always going to want the best audio package offered. Best of all, when buying used, the toys are basically free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have started searching for a 2010 to 2012 Range Rover to use as a daily driver and was hoping to get some opinions on the various options packages that were offered. I’m looking for a pretty much fully loaded model (possibly a super charged) and wasn’t sure if some of the options simply aren’t worth caring about. Also if anyone has insight on how many were highly optioned that would be helpful as I’m looking for a specific color combo (Green and tan/sand) and I don’t want to go around looking for something that doesn’t exist.

Below is the full options list I’ve been able to find sorted by my preference along with my current thoughts.

Luxury Interior Package - Must have for the cooled seats alone. I only see the lux package available for the HSE model, was it included with the supercharged upgrade?

Vision Assist Pack - Must have. Does the five camera system on these older models work well or was it just a novelty?

Adaptive Cruise Control - Prefer to have. Does this work well, can it be added on after the fact?

Wood Leather Heated Steering wheel - this is the only way to get a heated wheel right?

Electronic rear diff - what did this option actually do?

Autobiography Package - I don’t care about this, but wouldn’t say no, as it appears to just package up a lot of other options and provide a few special features.

Rear Seat Entertainment - Don’t particularly want as iPads have superseded this.

Audio System Upgrade - Don’t care

Rear Seat Recline - Don’t really care. Does this make folding the seats harder/impossible?
Hi Phrank,
What is your budget? I have a 2011Supercharged Santorini Black with Jet/Jet interior. Has nearly all the options you are looking for. Black lacquer finished interior, locking Rear diff with tow package, heated leather steering wheel, rear reclining and conditioned seats, rear seat entertainment package, Vision Assist package, climate glass with 4 zone A/C, 14 speaker HK Logic 7 sound system, rear cargo nets. Has the multi split 5 spoke wheel set found on Autobiography, rolling on healthy Michelin Defender LTX tire in original size. Price as optioned was $104,065.00 per the original window sticker still in my possession.

I have owned for a year and a half and it has been absolutely amazing. I bought it from second owner who owned for the overwhelming majority of its life. Always dealer maintained. Had extended warranty which came in handy right before I bought it during prepurchase inspection that lead to the dealer performing a full timing chain and guide service at 91000 miles as a preventative measure (that was HUGE!). Vehicle currently has 106000 miles and is going strong. No rust anywhere, no hint of abuse, a very very very nice example of one of these vehicles. Been in Charlotte NC for its life.

I have performed the following preventative maintenance myself with OEM or genuine parts: Front control arms, front ball joints, front air springs, full ZF 6HP28 transmission service with new ZF bridge seal, tube seals, solenoid kit, LG6 fluid, filter pan, engine oil service up to date with proper Castrol oil, engine air and cabin air filters, new hood struts, Interstate battery, and full fluid changes for all diffs and transfer case with original fluids (all very spendy). This vehicle was near perfect when I bought it and it remain so to this day. Has RR rubber floor and cargo mat set in addition to the mint condition carpeted variants. Runs, shifts, drives wonderfully. Everything works as it should. I have also installed a three bar roof rack system from Rhino Rack and LR trailer hitch plug.

Honestly I have not considered selling as this was going to be a vehicle I would keep for the long haul; however, I may part ways with it for the right price. LMK if you may be interested and I will provide any additional information you need.

Cheers,
matt

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hi Phrank,
What is your budget? I have a 2011Supercharged Santorini Black with Jet/Jet interior. Has nearly all the options you are looking for. Black lacquer finished interior, locking Rear diff with tow package, heated leather steering wheel, rear reclining and conditioned seats, rear seat entertainment package, Vision Assist package, climate glass with 4 zone A/C, 14 speaker HK Logic 7 sound system, rear cargo nets. Has the multi split 5 spoke wheel set found on Autobiography, rolling on healthy Michelin Defender LTX tire in original size. Price as optioned was $104,065.00 per the original window sticker still in my possession.

I have owned for a year and a half and it has been absolutely amazing. I bought it from second owner who owned for the overwhelming majority of its life. Always dealer maintained. Had extended warranty which came in handy right before I bought it during prepurchase inspection that lead to the dealer performing a full timing chain and guide service at 91000 miles as a preventative measure (that was HUGE!). Vehicle currently has 106000 miles and is going strong. No rust anywhere, no hint of abuse, a very very very nice example of one of these vehicles. Been in Charlotte NC for its life.

I have performed the following preventative maintenance myself with OEM or genuine parts: Front control arms, front ball joints, front air springs, full ZF 6HP28 transmission service with new ZF bridge seal, tube seals, solenoid kit, LG6 fluid, filter pan, engine oil service up to date with proper Castrol oil, engine air and cabin air filters, new hood struts, Interstate battery, and full fluid changes for all diffs and transfer case with original fluids (all very spendy). This vehicle was near perfect when I bought it and it remain so to this day. Has RR rubber floor and cargo mat set in addition to the mint condition carpeted variants. Runs, shifts, drives wonderfully. Everything works as it should. I have also installed a three bar roof rack system from Rhino Rack and LR trailer hitch plug.

Honestly I have not considered selling as this was going to be a vehicle I would keep for the long haul; however, I may part ways with it for the right price. LMK if you may be interested and I will provide any additional information you need.

Cheers,
matt
Tangent here... Do the bridge seals and tube seals have a realistic chance at correcting symptoms initially thought to be the torque converter clutch and e-clutch slipping?

EDIT: Rephrased - can failing bridge seals and tube seals mean reduced line pressure for the TCC and e-clutch?

I feel like I saw a light at the end of the tunnel that my 3rd gear judder and bouncing RPM in low speed + high gear may be able to be alleviated without dropping the trans, only the pan and mechatronic, if the aforementioned are accessible via the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2011 Autobiography black and it essentially has every possible option (I believe window sticker was close to 120K). The adaptive cruise control is one of my favorite features, and I also put the towing package through its paces as I tow a travel trailer with it.

Aniline leather is nice but not needed, whereas the heated and ventilated seats are great.
the back seats have power recline and are also heated and ventilated, but I don't really use those features as I am the driver.

The main thing I would look into is to make sure the timing chain guide was repaired, or get a late 2012 model with the updated design. It's a very very expensive job you'll have to do for sure.

Heads up, range rover will charge between 600-1K for the transmission oil and filter change at 100k miles, and the spark plugs is a 2.5 hours job too (also at 100Kish).

Other than that ours is approaching 100K and is a beast of a car that hasn't had a single issue so far. Now that I said that, I did have to replace one airbag and it was a pretty straight forward job that I actually enjoyed doing myself. The dealer of course wanted to replace all four :D

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
I have started searching for a 2010 to 2012 Range Rover to use as a daily driver and was hoping to get some opinions on the various options packages that were offered. I’m looking for a pretty much fully loaded model (possibly a super charged) and wasn’t sure if some of the options simply aren’t worth caring about. Also if anyone has insight on how many were highly optioned that would be helpful as I’m looking for a specific color combo (Green and tan/sand) and I don’t want to go around looking for something that doesn’t exist.

Below is the full options list I’ve been able to find sorted by my preference along with my current thoughts.

Luxury Interior Package - Must have for the cooled seats alone. I only see the lux package available for the HSE model, was it included with the supercharged upgrade?

Vision Assist Pack - Must have. Does the five camera system on these older models work well or was it just a novelty?

Adaptive Cruise Control - Prefer to have. Does this work well, can it be added on after the fact?

Wood Leather Heated Steering wheel - this is the only way to get a heated wheel right?

Electronic rear diff - what did this option actually do?

Autobiography Package - I don’t care about this, but wouldn’t say no, as it appears to just package up a lot of other options and provide a few special features.

Rear Seat Entertainment - Don’t particularly want as iPads have superseded this.

Audio System Upgrade - Don’t care

Rear Seat Recline - Don’t really care. Does this make folding the seats harder/impossible?
I have a 2010 RRS in Sand metallic with the winter package of heated wheel, front and rear seats. The dark brown leather still looks like new and I treat it every 6 months or less with cream style leather conditioners. It came with leather wheel, dash top and side panels & these too look just like new with no tearing. I avoid the CA sun by using a simple sunscreen and garage half the time as I have 3 vehicles. I added the factory top racks and the tow package after purchase along with an electronic brake. I have 104,000 miles on the vehicle. My vehicle was the prototype in 2012 for a handmade Borla cat back exhaust. Pumps up 375 hp to about 392. That's on par with the super charged units & perhaps a little better gas milage, but you don't get the Brembo's. I love the sound & the big chrome exit pipes and my wife hates it! Also stick with original mount Michelin tires unless you want a rough ride with Bridgestone. This is a short wheelbase vehicle and I get a lot of bounce at 70mph. I have the air suspension which I like, as I can lower the car for entry. The premium sound is good. We have replaced one of the air suspension units, front bushings and a door lock that seems to be a common issue with LRJ vehicles. (I had a 2001 Jag S Type until this last year-lots of issues.) My blue tooth pairing unit went out about 4 years ago and the dealer was unable to get a replacement, but my IPhone now pairs direct with my hearing aids. I added a wheel set for snow, but storage, and switching them on and out & keeping track of which wheel went where is a bit of an issue as we drive thru dry CA, NV, UT to get to CO & back for skiing each year. Performs great on snow or off road.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tangent here... Do the bridge seals and tube seals have a realistic chance at correcting symptoms initially thought to be the torque converter clutch and e-clutch slipping?
EDIT: Rephrased - can failing bridge seals and tube seals mean reduced line pressure for the TCC and e-clutch?
I feel like I saw a light at the end of the tunnel that my 3rd gear judder and bouncing RPM in low speed + high gear may be able to be alleviated without dropping the trans, only the pan and mechatronic, if the aforementioned are accessible via the bottom.
A failing bridge seal will drop supply pressure to the valve body. That applies certainly to Reverse R and forward gears until you get the pump spinning at revs. I was able to drive with the bridge seal cracked by brake-standing the thing!

Every 6HP28 including those installed in ours, LR4's, Jags and BMW's will have the stator bushing wear. It'll degrade in a linear slope until gearbox failure codes start popping up. I can't see anyone escaping that fact, based on what I mechanically inspected. I'd be surprised if anyone got to 150K miles. from Sonnax:

"OEM rear stator support bushings in ZF6HP26, ZF6HP28 units wear out prematurely due to sub-optimal material. Wear can lead to bushing failure, loss of correct pressure to the E-clutch, gear ratio or solenoid codes. Sonnax offers improved rear stator support bushing 95030-02 to restore worry-free operation."
  • Upgraded material composition outperforms OE bushing
  • Superior wear characteristics eliminate premature deterioration

·
Registered
900 Posts
A failing bridge seal will drop supply pressure to the valve body. That applies certainly to Reverse R and forward gears until you get the pump spinning at revs. I was able to drive with the bridge seal cracked by brake-standing the thing!

Every 6HP28 including those installed in ours, LR4's, Jags and BMW's will have the stator bushing wear. It'll degrade in a linear slope until gearbox failure codes start popping up. I can't see anyone escaping that fact, based on what I mechanically inspected. I'd be surprised if anyone got to 150K miles. from Sonnax:

"OEM rear stator support bushings in ZF6HP26, ZF6HP28 units wear out prematurely due to sub-optimal material. Wear can lead to bushing failure, loss of correct pressure to the E-clutch, gear ratio or solenoid codes. Sonnax offers improved rear stator support bushing 95030-02 to restore worry-free operation."
  • Upgraded material composition outperforms OE bushing
  • Superior wear characteristics eliminate premature deterioration
I will have to bring up the CarFax but I remember my maintenance history showing “transmission output shaft seal replaced” - is this another way of saying the stator bushing was replaced?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts