RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started searching for a 2010 to 2012 Range Rover to use as a daily driver and was hoping to get some opinions on the various options packages that were offered. I’m looking for a pretty much fully loaded model (possibly a super charged) and wasn’t sure if some of the options simply aren’t worth caring about. Also if anyone has insight on how many were highly optioned that would be helpful as I’m looking for a specific color combo (Green and tan/sand) and I don’t want to go around looking for something that doesn’t exist.

Below is the full options list I’ve been able to find sorted by my preference along with my current thoughts.

Luxury Interior Package - Must have for the cooled seats alone. I only see the lux package available for the HSE model, was it included with the supercharged upgrade?

Vision Assist Pack - Must have. Does the five camera system on these older models work well or was it just a novelty?

Adaptive Cruise Control - Prefer to have. Does this work well, can it be added on after the fact?

Wood Leather Heated Steering wheel - this is the only way to get a heated wheel right?

Electronic rear diff - what did this option actually do?

Autobiography Package - I don’t care about this, but wouldn’t say no, as it appears to just package up a lot of other options and provide a few special features.

Rear Seat Entertainment - Don’t particularly want as iPads have superseded this.

Audio System Upgrade - Don’t care

Rear Seat Recline - Don’t really care. Does this make folding the seats harder/impossible?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The locking rear diff is an option only useful for fairly extreme off-roading. The tow package option includes hitch, wiring, and e-diff. On '10 - '12 it is only included on AB, optional even on SC models. I wanted it, but the RR I wanted didn't have it. Added the hitch and wiring myself for cheap, not too worried about the e-diff. Lux package standard on SC and AB models with AB adding leather headliner and upgraded leather on the seats. Vision assist isn't super clear but useful IMO. I'm always going to want the best Audio possible but that's me. I've never even tried my rear seat entertainment, wouldn't care if it wasnt there. Personally, the SC is important and that incorporates many options. Adaptive cruise seems pretty rare.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The locking rear diff is an option only useful for fairly extreme off-roading. The tow package option includes hitch, wiring, and e-diff. On '10 - '12 it is only included on AB, optional even on SC models. I wanted it, but the RR I wanted didn't have it. Added the hitch and wiring myself for cheap, not too worried about the e-diff. Lux package standard on SC and AB models with AB adding leather headliner and upgraded leather on the seats. Vision assist isn't super clear but useful IMO. I'm always going to want the best Audio possible but that's me. I've never even tried my rear seat entertainment, wouldn't care if it wasnt there. Personally, the SC is important and that incorporates many options. Adaptive cruise seems pretty rare.
How do you know if you have adaptive cruise? I have an inkling but I’d rather not rear-end someone if I guessed wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Yeah, the how do I know what options are installed question is definitely one I have. Is there a plaque/sticker a seller could send a picture of or is it just a matter of knowing what each button looks like.

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE 5.0
18 Posts
Ah! Not only do I not have it, I’ve never even seen those buttons in pictures until you showed them to me!

Very rare, had to search a while for that one

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hard to find ACC for sure It's fun to play around with in my Audi A8 but the thing drives differently that I would, brakes late, or won't close up gap with social correctness.

Very few options but what I looked for was the Auto Bio. Comments on worth having:
1. Aniline leather in the Auto Bio - very, very nice.
2. The leather/wood wheel is cool. Heated wheel is leather or leather and wood.
3. The supercharger is an occasion but comes at a mechanical cost- noise, snout bearing, service etc.
4. I put the trailer harness kit in, pretty easy.
5. Don't have the vision camera - don't think I need it either.
6. Body color door handles - you have to have 2012 I think for that. I am using covers but they aren't the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The better leather in the Auto Bio does sound nice. I test drove a HSE the other day and while certainly a very nice interior, it didn’t feel quite as nice as other six digit cars I’ve driven.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The better leather in the Auto Bio does sound nice. I test drove a HSE the other day and while certainly a very nice interior, it didn’t feel quite as nice as other six digit cars I’ve driven.
HSE was not a six figure car. That’s why. I don’t even think my Supercharged cracked $100k sticker when new.

I don’t have adaptive cruise, RSE, or the autobiography package. Part of the reason. Only the AB was a “six figure car”.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
60 Posts
Why is Vision Assist 'must have' and what are you going to do with the truck? Why 2010-12? Beyond pavement, what else are your plans? I hate to break it to you but finding a green one is going to be really, really challenging, so what are your priorities? Budget?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I missed the part about green/tan color. Good luck, I started looking for the darker Grey color, couldn't find a good one. Eventually found the Bronze which I like, especially with Aribica interior. I didn't want black, white, or light silver which are like 80% of all. It did seem like slightly better color options on HSE's though. I looked at an AB and I didn't really notice much difference in the seats. The headliner is very nice but nothing about it was a must have for me considering it seemed poorly looked after.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agree that I might be hunting a white whale trying to get the color combo I want and tbh as long as its not black or silver I would probably be happy. Luckily budget is pretty low down the list on priorities, ie right car at a fair price is what I want there. I think my top priority, after the car being optioned how I want, is that the interior is in great shape and regular maintenance has been done. My history is that mechanical work is expensive but doable but trashed interiors can’t be fixed. It is starting to sound like an SC with a couple of options would suite me perfect if its in good shape and the right color combo.

Why is Vision Assist 'must have' and what are you going to do with the truck? Why 2010-12? Beyond pavement, what else are your plans? I hate to break it to you but finding a green one is going to be really, really challenging, so what are your priorities? Budget?
On the off pavement side, I don’t have any grand ambitions but I expect I’ll be taking it through plenty of muddy fields and unimproved roads in the mountains but always with a destination on the other end, no off-roading for the sake of off-roading planned. Basically this will be my go wherever complement to a sports car.

Vision Assist is on the must have list really just for parking in tight garages and the blind spot monitoring. My wife doesn’t like big cars but drove a Nissan Armada rental with a 360 camera system and had a lot of confidence parking that thing.

The 10-12 model range is just to get the latest and greatest tech on the cars plus being relatively newer. Nothing special beyond that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've got blindspot but no surround view. I think there was a split of those two in the Autobio.

There are two AB 2010's for sale around here. One sand or grey, one white with light (ivory?) interior. The sand one has the cherry wood. Both under $20K CAD

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE 5.0
18 Posts
I bought my 2010 HSE because it was a two owner, 62000 mile, driven summers only in the Hamptons, meticulous maintenance records from Land Rover and cosmetically near perfect for $17500.00. I love the green as well, but they are unicorns in the USA. The black would be my only other choice and that's what I ended up with. The lighter color interiors with the contrasting piping look amazing, but the black interior holds up much better, my leather looks brand new, the lighter colors I looked at with similar mileage were cracked and discolored. I replaced the 19s with 20s, I removed the door handles and painted them, found a wood leather steering wheel in perfect condition, as well as the wood trim on the sides and rear of the center console. I did not want a supercharged version because it is just one more thing to go wrong and they are usually purchased and driven by those with the heavy foot, but I do like the silver trim around the fog lights so I added those too. About a month after I bought this one I found a 2012 AB on Car Fax in Ohio, black on black with 45k miles, asking $35000.00 I flew out to look at it and I'm still happy with mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought my 2010 HSE because it was a two owner, 62000 mile, driven summers only in the Hamptons, meticulous maintenance records from Land Rover and cosmetically near perfect for $17500.00.
That sounds very well found indeed. Was the wheel change hard to do?

·
Registered
193 Posts
While I like a supercharged V8, some days I would like less motor, like a TSFI V6 or 4 that they are using these days. I'm kind of sensitive to all the mechanical symphony. That is why I have a Fiat 500/Beetle etc to dumb things down for a week or two.

Our 2006 was an HSE N/A I felt it had good power. But you have to have S/C to get all that fine leather!

Blind spot monitor was standard on the Supercharged and AB. But not the surround camera.
The vision pack is both options pkg specified for the HSE's

Rear seat recline/heating cooling and passenger seat memory, driver seat entry/exit is a package too. I have that on mine, but not the winged headrests.

Steering wheel should just be a few steps to pull, starting by removing the battery ground.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
HSE was not a six figure car. That’s why. I don’t even think my Supercharged cracked $100k sticker when new.
Mine '12SC was $100,470, I have the window sticker. But the base was $94,820.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts