RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at the range rover sport as a possible next daily driver. I absolutely love the look of the vehicle with the low profile black wheels I see on so many of the supercharged V8 models. The thing is, I don’t really care for the extra power on the supercharged V8. Are there any other things that come in the supercharged model that doesn’t come on the hse? Any visual differences that can’t be replicated with a new set of wheels on the non supercharged model? Anything I’m missing?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,082 Posts
Visually the HSE and non-dynamic SCV8 look identical other than the silver badge on the trunk under "Sport". The Dynamic SCV8 changes the silver trim around the fog lights and the trim above the license plate to black, the rear view mirrors become black on non-black vehicles, and the Sport lettering becomes red on the trunk. All of the wheels available on the HSE are available on the SCV8. Only the autobiography had exclusive wheels.

In terms of options the SCV8 comes standard with the extra duty pack/2 speed transfer case which was not a popular option for the HSE. SCV8 also has torque vectoring and upgraded Brembos which are not on HSE. In 2016 the HSE started having the option of the Meridian Signature stereo. HSE and SCV8 has analog gauges, Dynamic SCV8 has TFT screen. Dynamic SCV8 has additional tan and pimento interior choices. For 2015 these colors included extended leather, for 2016 they did not.

If you can find a 2016 HST which is rare, it has basically everything the Autobiography has cosmetically except leather on the dash board and the V8.

I think that about covers it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you my friend. That’s was super helpful!

Any idea on how well the dynamic supercharged vehicle handles snowy weather with the lower profile tires? I live in central NY and we get crappy winters.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
Thank you my friend. That’s was super helpful!

Any idea on how well the dynamic supercharged vehicle handles snowy weather with the lower profile tires? I live in central NY and we get crappy winters.
Not as bad as Chicago winters tho... Yeah i have the 21's with the stock pirelli scorpion verde tires and they are ok on the snow i am sure 20" would give you a much better option for tires even is you choose not to go with snow tires. But if you do a lot of driving it might be worth looking into like stemikel suggested

1 - 5 of 5 Posts