RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have driven Jags for years, 4 doors, 2 doors, converts....anything and everything Jag. As most know you sit relatively low inside them which I always liked. So for the last 9 months I have owned and driven my 06 RR HSE which I love. Well my business partner and I have swapped vehicle for the next couple days and Im stuck (LOL) driving his 2013 Ferrari 458 Spider. Well last night while driving home I realize this car is WAY LOW as in everyone next to me in traffic can look inside and everyones headlights reflect off the rear view mirror into your eyes, UGH ! I sure don't remember the Jag being this bad.

Of course the nice part is I can just jump on the gas and leave everyone well behind me, LOL. But my point is just how different these two vehicles (yes I know they are different) are as everyday drivers. Plus I can carry a whole lot more in the RR than the Ferrari and the insurance is a whole lot cheaper, LOL.

So the point of my post is just my reflecting on the difference and if others have experienced something similar.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So I have driven Jags for years ... for the last 9 months I have owned and driven my 06 RR HSE which I love. Well my business partner and I have swapped vehicle for the next couple days and Im stuck (LOL) driving his 2013 Ferrari 458 Spider. Well last night while driving home I realize this car is WAY LOW as in everyone next to me in traffic can look inside and everyone's headlights reflect off the rear view mirror into your eyes, UGH ! I sure don't remember the Jag being this bad.

So the point of my post is just my reflecting on the difference and if others have experienced something similar.
I take your point about the 'imposition' of different driving styles depending upon the car one is driving.

I too have been a Jag driver for the past 17 years and the sporting pedigree of Jaguar seemed to influence the way I drove. My son also has a Ferrari 355 at the moment, one of the better 'prancing horses' I'm told, which I drive occasionally.
Whereas with the Ferrari it seems to demand that one drives it 'aggressively', the Jaguar only requires one to drive it 'enthusiastically', but the Range Rover???

My wife insists that my driving style changes noticeably - in her words 'for the better' - when we go out in the Range Rover. I'm no longer in a 'sporty' car so I don't, to use an old UK expression, 'corner on the door handles' or take the 'racing line' through every corner. I'm content to be cossetted in the lap of luxury, and, as someone once said, its like driving around in one's favourite lounge chair with all of the comforts of home at one's finger tips.

Or perhaps it is because I'm getting older!

Of course, 'off road' is an entirely different matter, but the Range Rover can do that too - very well! ;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts