RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a company selling a limited run for year end close out of these Giovanna Cuomo wheels in 22" w/ tires for $2,000. Thats a pretty incredible price IMO. What do you guys think of this wheel. I have a black RRS SC.. I've been at a cross between silver or black wheels.

Do they look to 'skinny' for such a heavy SUV. I have always thought that RRS needs a thicker spoke.., but this deal is pretty dang good.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
There is only ONE wheel that is at top of the list when it comes to the RANGE ROVER SPORT .....It looks the best, Its silver in color, Its Classy, its striking, its eye catching, Its simply the best.....
its called....... THE 22 inch STORMER Nuff said amen! :clap:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am not a fan of these -- I think the rr has such a classy yet square shape that modern wheels like these are better suited to cayennes x5s and mls

these are kind of like a moustache on the Mona Lisa look.

I think the redboune wheels in 22 look decent for a more modern look, or the 22 stormers-- they are a very classy yet subtle improvement.

Saw the 997 in your avatar so I'll draw the parallel with the 911. The 997 is a modern take on one of the most classic designs on wheels - like the rrs. I run stock 19s on my 997 - only because as a track junkie I haven't found a lighter 19 that works on that car. Techarts are nice on 997s and hres are light but ugly. It would be great to have a nice looking light wheel. With the rrs, I think rinspeeds are decent for a modern take - but I prefer stormers in 22 or even 23 or 24 if someone would make them

·
Registered
543 Posts
LR.

Give us some general specifications on this wheel - Offset - Rim width - Load rating - Tyre sizing - Wheel weight - Tyre weight.

This is just the beginning dude ! The RRS's are very specific in their nature if you want to maintain your current car insurance.

My estimate is a normal setup should set you back no more than US$3200 for a set of Four rims/tyres & where are they made ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Aside from the high, high dollar forged pieces, the only wheels I like are the Stormers and Redbourne's wheels. As mentioned, the RRS is a very tricky vehicle to match wheels with (especially if you're anal and are into wheels matching the lines of a vehicle). You also don't want to overpower the magnificent design of this vehicle with a cheap looking wheel which draws attention away. If the aforementioned statements do not apply to you, or you drive an Escalade/Tahoe/Navigator, then any cheap gangster 1 piece wheel would do. Don't mess with perfection.

I am a big believer in balance, tact and taste, not only with cars but with anything design-related. You want your vehicle to appear as one big design-element, front to back, top to bottom.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Redbourne Dukes FTW. Thats what I run when its nice out.

I do not like the wheel you posted.

If you like it. Go for it. Its your truck...

·
Registered
318 Posts
kstatenupe said:
Redbourne Dukes FTW. Thats what I run when its nice out.

I do not like the wheel you posted.

If you like it. Go for it. Its your truck...
22"? Pics please. They're kind of a dished version of the stormers which is why I like them.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Be aware that the "lip" on those black wheels is probably going to be nowhere near as deep as the picture you posted in a properly sized RRS S/C application (because of the big brake calipers in front), which may "tone down" the aggressive look of that design somewhat.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow.. I'm surprised you all hated the wheel. :lol:

I agree w/ finding the right wheel for the RRS, its not easy and therefore my original post to you guys. Giovanna as a company isn't a cheap wheel, I'm sure you all could research that. The wheel is going out of production, you can't find a better price w/ tires out there from a QUALITY wheel company. The dish would be much smaller as Umbertob mentioned, taking a bit away from the aggressiveness making it better IMO. The wheel in question isn’t that aggressive as you all mention, at least IMO.

Not being rude, but a lot of you seem to like stock setups.. 'old' school types. I too like subtlety, but I don't mind making my rover look 'different' than the rest of you guys. I know everyone likes the stormers.. but they are EVERYWHERE. Sure, I do like them, don’t get me wrong.. but its boring to look like everyone else. Whats the point of swapping wheels then..?

I agree that the Rinspeed wheel is probably the best looking wheel out there hands down. But finding one at a comparable price, or even FINDING one, is impossible. The search continues...

Thanks for the response.. old farts :mrgreen: haha

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yeah man it all in the individual taste. Thats all. I personally dont like any all black setup period.

FYI...I got my Redbournes off EBAY. Im sure you checked there.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Serb.

You've done a few plus sizes in your time and your comments regarding the "flimsy spokes" are true and very important dude !

Sad you received lots of negative rep on your real deal in SR-71 blackbird colour but it needs to have a minimum 2000lb rating.

I've attached a couple of examples from http://www.centerlinewheels.com out Sth Cal way & I believe their available in 20 inch only ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.[attachment=2:2hhz7dfu]crosfire.jpg[/attachment:2hhz7dfu][attachment=1:2hhz7dfu]escape20.jpg[/attachment:2hhz7dfu][attachment=0:2hhz7dfu]tomcat20.jpg[/attachment:2hhz7dfu]

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts