RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a budget of about 40 grand and have been looking at 2007 HSEs, with about ~40K miles, Luxury Package and rear seat entertainment. Problem is, we can't seem to find many, in the color palette we like and in good shape, for that price. We have, however, found 1 in Texas, but we're in Maryland.

So.....

Given the choices of a 2007 HSE with 46K miles (Certified until 62K miles, but it's 1/2 way across the country, and you'd be buying sight unseen...

http://www.momentumporsche.com/used/Lan ... 715b98.htm

Or...

A 2006 Supercharged with 39K miles (Non-Certified), but it's local and I'll be able to kick the tires on it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... 4059057933

Both are equipped identically, except for the visual cues that the supercharged one gets.

Now, I know that 2007 got the refreshed interior, but is that it? Are there gremlins on the 2006 that need to be brought my attention? I should also mention that an aftermarket warranty will be purchased, regardless.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm a sucker for white Range Rovers ever since I spotted Pamela Anderson getting out of one in Malibu last year. And my experience has been that white cars are much easier to keep looking clean than black. I'm sure that owners of 2007 MY would say that the interior is improved over 06 and that may be true. However, the interior of my 06 is very well appointed and designed, although there are things that could be improved upon, and probably were for 07+.

With all that said, I think I would still lean towards working that price down on the 06 RR S/C that is local to you. I have no idea what KBB or Edmunds says the S/C is worth but since you plan on purchasing a warranty, I don't think it is worth the trouble of going 1/2way across the country for a certified one.

That'd be my opinion, FWIW. Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
imho the seats in the 06 MY vehicles are far more comfortable being the BMW comfort seats, the 07 has ford spec seats, but you also get cooling with them. Some people prefer the 07 dash and consul... othewise nothing in it

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
I purchased a 2007 HSE and am quite pleased with it. While I looked at autotrader.com almost daily, I actually found mine on cars.com, then looked up additional information at the dealer's website.

I found mine for under $40k with just under 37,000 miles. It had been certified, so had both original and certified warranties for some peace of mind going forward. The only problem I had was that it was located in New Jersey. After trying for about three weeks to get it on a truck headed west, I decided to take my oldest son on a quick trip to NYC, then we drove back, seeing some sites along the way. It was a great excuse for some father-son time. But I digress...

If you have kids, the factory rear seat entertainment is very worthwhile. I also prefer the interior lay-out of the 2007 over the 2006 because I'm American and I like my cupholders... The 2007 moved the ignition to the dash so the gear lever could be moved to the left, making room for TWO cupholders in the center console! The 2006 had the one cupholder in the middle, and another near the front passenger air vent. The ventilated seats actually work, although I haven't had an opportunity to test them out too much yet this year.

2007 also added the terrain response system for what it's worth, and an electronic parking brake instead of the traditional hand-brake. I don't know if you've seen it yet, but a good summary of model year changes can be found here:

http://www.rangerovers.net/rrmkiii.htm

Good luck.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Go 07. The 07 has the new interior without all of the grey painted plastic that peals off. While the 06s are much more reliable than the 04s, the 07-09s are the most reliable Rovers based on my experience with an 08 and 09, based on comments of other owners and according to the service manager at the dealership in Austin. If you want to go fast, get a Lotus, Porsche ....... `)

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
446 Posts
Having owned an '03, an '05, and an '07 SC, I'd say go with the '06 SC. That extra power is nice in the times you need it, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with the '03-'06 interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts