RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi--
I'm having a maddening issue. When the driver's side door is closed, the sensor is still reading open, meaning I get a constant message and an annoying three beeps every time I leave a stop sign, or bump along in traffic (like this morning). I think, but am not positive, that the sensor is connected to the arm that extends when the car door is opened. Interestingly, the bracket that connects the arm to the frame is rusted through and cracked, and im wondering if because of that it's not pushing the arm into the door far enough to reach the sensor. Am I making sense here? any ideas how to fix this?

thanks all
Jamus

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sounds right, if the closing of the door is just pushing the switch further into the door, then it's not registering as closed.

You need do make sure the switch mounting is solid. Until you figure it out, you could tape the switch closed, although it will then not warn you if the door actually is open...

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
:think: I think you will find the door open "switch" is part of the latch. I often leave the door wide open but trip the latch with a screwdriver to trick it to thinking the door is closed. If the door open switch were par tof the door limiter this would not be possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts