RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past week or so I’ve gotten Open Door LH-F Warnings on the dash when I start the car. While an open/close had worked previously, just yesterday the drivers side warning will not turn off. This causes the dome light to stay on and I have to manually turn it off via the passenger side door. Has anyone had this issue? I searched around but couldn’t find much on here.

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
Failing initially and now completely failed, door ajar microswitch in the LHF door latch. If that one has failed then the other two won't be far behind so your next problem will be dancing locks followed by the alarm going off when you open the door and the engine being immobilised. Time for a new, as in brand new not from a breaker, latch.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
341 Posts
I have an additional question for this thread. My RH Rear door when I open it the interior light doesn’t go on and the EAS system adjusts with the door open. I clearly have a failed door switch or sensor. Where are they in the rear doors? In the latch like the fronts?

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Correct all four latches have the micro switches for open/close.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
I have an additional question for this thread. My RH Rear door when I open it the interior light doesn’t go on and the EAS system adjusts with the door open. I clearly have a failed door switch or sensor. Where are they in the rear doors? In the latch like the fronts?
Yes correct. The good news is that the rear door having the switch stuck in closed will neither interfere with your alarm or any other things, such as tailgate.
As front door latches are concerned I would strongly recommend MARTY_NZ for any pre 99 latches.

Better than new as they arrive without superlock and you can get them with the right connectors for your model. (you didn't say :) )
Y

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,219 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Annette :)

The only problem for me, and door latches... is that I'm pretty busy with work at the moment, so hardly home to build latches :(

But to the OP - yes, it's a failed door ajar switch in the latch, and as Richard mentions - it's worth spending the bit extra and getting a brand new one - as replacing with second hand is a bit of russian roulette as to how long it lasts until it starts giving issues... given that even the 'youngest' P38's are now going on 16/17 years old... replacing old parts with other old parts (especially when it comes to door latches which can affect the alarm system and being able to get into/start the vehicle) is just not worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts