RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, here my problem,

I had a over heat a couple of weeks ago fixed that thnks to help from the forum, but i notice that when the engine was shut down it wasnt smooths as it used to be. did not think much about it, but then yesterday got in it a drove for about a mile and it seams to be running on only 6+7 cylinders, cannot be sure about this but its lumpy with no power.
change the plugs today and interchanged the leads with some old ones i had replaced, cleaned the maf, disconnected the stepper motor just ran lumpy but higher.check the o2 senors ran with and without

Showing no faults on fault mate reset the adaptive values etc.

When it revs under the bonet, i get a small puff of smoke from the side where oil dipstick is, under the heat cover near the manifold, you can miss it it that small, also that made me check the exhaust, and have a hole in the middle box and near the rear. I have never know an exhaust hole to cause these sort of symtoms. Any help would be great.

cheers
Onetime

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the reply, its seams to be white thats how i first noticed it but it very small puff on revving the engine, the exhaust smoke is white too, lots of it at the mo.
cheers
onetime

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rich998a said:
So is it a cracked header/manifold?
i don't know would this cause it to run realy lumpy.i have an lpg system that side didn;t want to start taking it to bits unless i was sure.
cheers
Rik

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All another quick update, been out inthe dark to check for blue light there is none from any of the leads, coil, or plugs plus i took off the oil filler cap and the engine cut out does this mean any thing to anybody.
cheers
onetime

·
Registered
442 Posts
G'day mate,
When a engine is breathing properly when you remove the oil filler cap you fit it to its screw on point you should feel a slight vaccuum as it sucks it to its home. If your motor is'nt breathing properely you get the oppersite,pressurizing of the crankcase and thats where most oil leaks happen.Starts to look more like a steam engine :eek:
Check your ventilation, oil seperator maybe blocked, carefully with some lube spray remove and chuck it.
When engine is running removing dipstick does it breath white vapors from it? If yes Ventilation.
Check search on seporator for diagrams and removal they can break in rocker cover, twist ,lift push down work it out slowly using pleny of spray lube :thumb:
Good luck

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Mate, would this cause the running problems i have do you think, i have it booked in the machinic on tuesday would like to save the bill, and tell him just to get the exhaust done and mot.
anybody out there that can help me please do.
cheers
Onetime

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: really need some help

Is there anybody out there who can help me, getting realy desparate now. it sat there like a garden ornament again.
cheers
Onetime

1 - 9 of 9 Posts