RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: I have the above and so far have had very few problems. Couple of bogus indicator alerts on the brakes and a problem once with the boot closing. I will soon run out of warranty and have heard of the hugely expensive and dodgy reliability of some RRs. I am trying to decide whether to hang on or trade in. Has anybody got any idea of the reliability of these newer models? So far Im only 17000miles but is there a mileage or age point where these cars tend to run into problems or is it just luck of the draw which car you get?

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Our 2003 RR stop having problems after the warranty expired at 50k. Not that we have not has some issues, but we are now closing in on 200k. Over the time/miles we have spent around $8 to $10k in service/problems, but If I had bought a New RR at the time I going out of warranty. I would have spent $35k on top of my trade value for a New RR, plus maintenance cost and with my miles that would have been times 3. or around $140k...
My unofficial statement is " Buy a New Car, you get New Problems").

Mark.

·
Registered
952 Posts
No amount of problems is going to cost you as much as the difference in value between your '07 and a new 2010 S/C. So there's no cost incentive to update. With that low mileage I'd keep it another few years. You've weathered the steepest part of the depreciation curve already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts