RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up my new 2019 full size RR HSE, and here are my problems in the first week. The first night after taking delivery, the windshield and all windows completely fogged up like the heater core went out. It does not fog up as bad now, but still fight it with defrost on full speed. Second day, the washer fluid light come on, figured they forgot to fill the tank during PDI. Took it into the shop the next day, and it was completely empty. By mid afternoon the same day, the light come on again? Went back to the shop the next morning at 7:30 am, and refilled it.Later that afternoon, strong ammonia type smell, so I parked it to take into shop next day. Opened rear passenger door, washer fluid gushed out all over garage floor! Now the bottom of my door panel is blue. I am also experiencing the throttle lag or hesitation, which almost cost me two rear end collisions. Then my climate controls are acting up. Each time I get into the car, the a/c always comes on, so I have to turn it off in order to get any heat. Lastly, I am hearing fluid bubbling and moving behind the glove box! The dealership has my car now, and any advice would be appreciated. I have owned many Rovers over the years, and understand they have there problems, but this is troubling being it is a week old car!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Rovers do have odd issues here and there, that's almost expected, but the issues you describe in your post are completely unacceptable. Your Land Rover dealership will need to take care of all these issues for you. There isn't much you can do at this point. Just make sure you get a decent loaner in the meantime!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree it is unacceptable, and luckily, so far, the dealer does also. They have found a line from the washer fluid that has a hole in it so far, and waiting on parts. Other issues are now trying to be diagnosed. I am a die hard Land Rover guy, but you would think after all these years, and as expensive as these vehicles now are, they would have some of these things figured out?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
Well one dont worry about the ac being on when you first get in that is normal it starts like that when its cold out to defrost the windows. But the other things you mentioned is something i noticed as well after a rain if i open the back door water does flow out of the door onto the floor in a fierce manner it somehow holds the water in the door and cannot drain until opened. I am assuming this would be normal because the door seals need to be tight do we can wade in deep water, if not water would get into the cabin.
But as i stated in the other post the delay is NOT normal.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
18 Posts
Hey Flinthills I hope everything you've described gets fixed for good or to your satisfaction. I'm waiting on my 2019 Full Sized Supercharged for only one and a half more months and am very excited but also a bit nervous. This will be my first ever Range Rover and I hope to be a long term customer!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the all the response. Unfortunately the fluid coming out of my rear door was blue washer fluid, that did stain my upholstery. The dealer called me with an update, they did confirm that a washer fluid hose was leaking, and they are waiting for the interior to dry out under the glove box. The ammonia smell that I complained of was the washer fluid that had soaked the carpet under the floor mat on front passenger side. Now they are going to address the other issues why they wait on parts, and interior to dry. I am pretty anal about my vehicles, more ocd, and I am hoping my 100 mile rover comes back to me in showroom new condition.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
where was the leak was? How did it get into the back door?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The leak was behind the glove box. The mechanic told me that the fluid had traveled in a channel from the front of the vehicle to the back. A good cereal bowl full of washer fluid came out of the rear passenger door when I opened it, leaving blue stains on my interior panel of the door. But the fluid stayed under the rear bumper of the rover. It soaked the carpet on the front passenger side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts