RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've loved my '05 for just over 5 years now, but there is one thing I simply cannot get used to, something that bugs the crap out of me and has left me frustrated by its design or my inability to get used to it.

The horn.

I can't tell you how many times I've needed it, say when someone is changing into my lane, about to clip me, and I have a semi-truck next to me loaded with steed girders and nowhere to go. I miss the f-ing horn every time. I nail the center of the steering wheel, then think, "****." Or I remember the stupid horn "buttons" and miss, turning the stereo up.

In cases where applying the horn would have been advantageous from a safety perspective, I have fanned every single g-**** time.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i hate the doors automatically locking and needing to press the unlock button, i forget almost every time and when i go to fill up or use the trunk i have to climb back in to unlock the **** thing

·
Registered
565 Posts
darrenmax said:
i hate the doors automatically locking and needing to press the unlock button, i forget almost every time and when i go to fill up or use the trunk i have to climb back in to unlock the **** thing
Can't do anything about the doors but your problem Darren is fixable. Drive away locking is a programmable feature!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Vogue said:
yes you are right the location of the horn buttons is useless when you need to find them in a hurry :shock:
well you know what they say...

practice makes perfect!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Huh - never had a prob with the horns.

I do get pissed (peeved for the brits - I don't get drunk - actually I do but not because of my RR :wink: ) about the rearranging of all the switches and the switch directions etc compared to the P38 and RRC. I still drive the others occasionally and it gets confusing as hell - especially the wiper stalk. I guess LR didn't count on people like me...

Hate is too strong a word, though. Pissed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
These days with everybody texting or talking while driving I now drive with one finger on my horn at all times. Give that a try, or just keep an eye on people around you and when they veer slightly your way give em some horn. You have to be a very defensive driver now with all the distractions people have while driving. I learned to drive with one hand on the horn at all times when I lived in Venezuela and it works great in the US.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
Vogue said:
yes you are right the location of the horn buttons is useless when you need to find them in a hurry :shock:
Big improvement from where it was in the Classic model, I had a 1992 County and it took me 15 min to find the darn thing when I bought it.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
:think:
I think I'd have a hard time narrowing it to one, or even 10 things.

Sometimes it's hard for me to recall the one thing I like about it! :doh:

I like repairing things from time to time, but this thing seems to have something new every month or so lately.

If I test drive another new Ford pickup, it'll probably be real hard to see a reason not to kick this needy beast to the curb for something more reliable, useful and cooperative...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts