RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Just an observation here, but the line at the top does not carry through very well. The top line on the vent is curved more and the break is lower than the door and fender line.

D

·
0 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
Just an observation here, but the line at the top does not carry through very well. The top line on the vent is curved more and the break is lower than the door and fender line.
I noticed that also but did not want to say anything.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
At risk of getting smacked up side the head, is it possible that the sides have been swapped? Seeing as the bottom of the vent pictured has a much more pronounced break, if that were moved to the other side the bottom break would be at the top. :think:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its not possible to switch sides because there are holes voor the lower trim panel to fit in to, if it ever stops snowing ill take another look

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If you got them from Powerful-UK they are replicas and not OEM Vents and for that reason do not fit as well as the factory products available second hand on Ebay.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Every time I see a new Range I can't help but cringe at the detailing of the lights, grille and side vents. The best 3rd generation Rover design is the original by far.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
CombatNinja said:
Every time I see a new Range I can't help but cringe at the detailing of the lights, grille and side vents. The best 3rd generation Rover design is the original by far.
I very much like the 2010 detailing but each to their own. Original has far to much easy to produce & fit grey plastic for my taste.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, maybe too old a message to reply on, but just sent back the two piece vents I got from powerfuluk. The fit on the top was indeed far off and the curve didn’t seem to match either. The two piece innerbox totally doesn’t fit in the compartment, so I had to take that off first thing. This made me wonder if it isn’t a 2006 onwards part in stead pf a 2002! 40EECED7-BA6B-4FA3-8444-1E47EA279CDB.jpg

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Yea that is not even close. Look up the numbers on their site for 2002 vs 2006. Remember that what you have pictured are "upgrade" pieces to 2010 "style".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts