RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yes it can
He lists he has an OBDII lead only so for a Classic you would really need to buy the respective lead and software module license from us,
Leads other than the OBDII are near 14 GBP
And the software modules applicable to a Classic can be found here

http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/downloads/vehicle_coverage/List_of_applicable_Software_Modules_for_Range_Rover_Classic.pdf

I can tell you that the Pictured server is RRP GBP 180, the OBDII lead is GBP 24.87 and the Null modem lead GBP 2.87. All plus the dreaded VAT where applicable & shipping etc.

regards

Colin

·
Registered
199 Posts
So in the ballpark of £250. Thats very tempting. I take it that the server connects to my Toshiba laptop (loaded with your software) and the leads to the server? Sorry but this is all very new to me as I usually re-build Series Two Landy's.

:pray:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,374 Posts
TehPriest said:
So in the ballpark of £250. Thats very tempting. I take it that the server connects to my Toshiba laptop (loaded with your software) and the leads to the server? Sorry but this is all very new to me as I usually re-build Series Two Landy's.

Ahh. For a Series Landie, you need this software: http://www.tanygraig.force9.co.uk/John/vlr/form.htm

·
Registered
646 Posts
p38arover said:
TehPriest said:

Ahh. For a Series Landie, you need this software: http://www.tanygraig.force9.co.uk/John/vlr/form.htm
hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! someone had to much time on there hands but that is funny :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
TehPriest said:

Not if you running Vista; they charge you loads of money then won't help you with it.
Thankfully kind folks on this Forum will.

·
Registered
199 Posts
waveydavey said:
TehPriest said:

Not if you running Vista; they charge you loads of money then won't help you with it.
Thankfully kind folks on this Forum will.
XP Tablet on the Tosh so no problems there.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,728 Posts
Ka177ran said:
Colin, is that £250 all P38s, all in? :pray:

I thought it was closer to £600 for a single vehicle setup... :think:
Single vehicle units have come down in price since my first unit almost 2 years ago. When last I checked a single rig unit was about $700US. However I am sad to report that my original purchase price didn't account for the additional $500 thus far due to multiple trips back to lovely Cyprus to be repaired thanks to quality issues. That's an additional $100 a trip that BBS refused to cover even though each of the failures were due to poor workmanship and/or faulty components used in assembly. Even with the added costs I have had a unit returned partially operational and my new unit came back last time with screws falling out of one end and no BBS badging. While my equipment has made "holidays abroad" I have had to pay independants to diagnose issues and/or reset faults that I paid good money to be able to do myself. So although a BBS unit can quickly pay for itself, you might want to make sure you have a cushion set aside and keep an ale in the cooler for your local indie.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Well there is some good advertising...

So how much is the going rate for a T4 plugin at the moment in the US?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Quite Right Ka177ran,

As mentioned, that guy only has the hardware, the most value of a system really is in the software.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TehPriest said:
Totaly confused now. Is it £250 or £600 for the equiptment to check a RRC with no display ???

Ok let me clear this up....When you get your Faultmate(non display) from BBS as I did a few weeks ago you pay for the unit plus any lead you need, total for customs = £301.85
The software is extra but as it is a down load the customs guys don't get involved, and thats where the extra £300 ish come in, so yes total I paid was just over £600 all in.

SID.

·
Registered
517 Posts
TehPriest said:
Can't I just buy one of those code readers from the local motor factors and do the same thing? Or does this system allow you to reprogram things?

Short answer - No and yes

The code readers you are referring to are I assume OBD 11/EOBD readers. It was only in 2000 that UK cars had to comply with this standard and they only read and clear codes from the engine management system. The RRC does not have an OBD connection. The BBS, Testbook, Autologic systems allow full diagnostic connection including various reprogramming options.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh well that puts me well and truly out of the market then. One is nearly a months stipend and the other nearly two :shock:

Better get some extra :pray: done..... :lol:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Oh well that puts me well and truly out of the market then. One is nearly a months stipend and the other nearly two

Better get some extra done.....
How about a plea to the congregation for some LR goodwill /assistance ? :think: :shock: 8)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,728 Posts
Hoges said:
Oh well that puts me well and truly out of the market then. One is nearly a months stipend and the other nearly two

Better get some extra done.....
How about a plea to the congregation for some LR goodwill /assistance ? :think: :shock: 8)

I'd be willing to bet there are enough independants and good samaritans around to lend a hand. :thumb: The only reason I finally sprung for an MSV was that I put 30K+ miles on my rig each year. With passengers along for many trips I didn't want to be left stranded.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts