RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OME 764 rear coil conversi and standard sized rear coils moved to the front. Advice)

1st. I thought I would just get this out of the way to filter some post as I am sure there will be a lot of ideas if caught on with my lift/conversion.To any member thinking about making comments about the switching from airbags to coils instead of my actual question in the 2nd paragraph below. Frankly, I find it pathetic over the years doing research here having to expect an over privileged derelict with a self induced cases tourettes, posting comments he or she would never cut off their legs or anything else similar they copy paste from a prior member when a conversion post is made. What does this get you? I was unaware rang rover dot net mailed out banana stickers to anyone who gave warnings about coil conversion which then could be peeled back to stick on your shirt for the day. That said, for your knowledge and comfort, I have had airbags for 5 years and have blown up, lifted, hockeypucked, gorrela taped, cocoa butter vaseline, Arnott 10,527 editioned, waterbed super slide ride/tweaked my air suspension to rover death... So, to your questions and comments before posting. I can replace an air spring. I can track a leak, and I also am aware the sky is falling . That being said, Stay off my Thread!
(copy and paste that!)

That being said,
I once read somewhere you could take the rears coils from you had a standard coil conversion and transfer them to the front which would give the truck a 2 inch lift in the front. The reason I ask this is I have a pair of Old man emu 764s for the kit I am building and a standard Atlantic British set I purchased used on Ebay. The plan would to possibly use the rear springs of the kit for the front springs and add the 764s to the rear which is said to give a p38 2.75 inches in back. I would then add a to sets of land rover coil seats to the front springs making it aprox. even with the lift in front which I already have as well. I plan to add a pair of OMEs to the front in time but just ran out of fun cash for a little while. Also can anyone tell me how which side up to mount the springs? Biggert gap toward the top or bottom. I read the stock rear coils from atlanta should be fitted or are progressive meaning larger gap pointed to the top but is this the case with OME spring? Also maybe needed asked outright, If I did move the rear Atlantas to the front would I keep this PROGRESSIVE position?

Your thoughts on this jig rig idea of mine would be greatly appreciated before moving forward.

Thanks,
Skuyler Farha

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
Re: OME 764 rear coil conversi and standard sized rear coils moved to the front. Advi

With an attitude like that I doubt even those that can answer your question will bother replying.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: OME 764 rear coil conversi and standard sized rear coils moved to the front. Advi

I think if you measure the coil diameter,It should be thicker at the bottom.then as the oil binds at the top it transfers its load to the thicker therefore stiffer rate of the spring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Tarphenry,
Thanks a lot. Thats smart and gives me a starting place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts