Range Rovers Forum banner

581 - 600 of 625 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see you too have 255/65/19s on your Rover...look like the same Wrangler AT Adventure as me! In retrospect I probably wanted the Duratracs, but they were more expensive and would have taken a little longer to get and install. I sent an email to Goodyear asking if they would make a 33" tire for 19" wheels, since they're the only ones that even offer a 32". Always looking to recruit more people to express interest to them!

And very nice looking cars!
Thanks so much!

Yes, and these tires have treated me very well thus far! They’ve got excellent road manners, very good (overall) off-road performance, and a decent sidewall. I’ve also consistently achieved 20.5-21.5mpg on road trips (w/ cruise control set @ 75mph), so I haven’t thought twice about choosing these over the Duratracs since September. When the trails start opening, perhaps my longing for 18” wheels and a more aggressive tire will return, but I do appreciate you for reaching out to Goodyear regarding 33” tires for our 19s! If that were to come to fruition, I’d hope my dreams of 18s would finally be put to rest...
How do you guys carry the spare? I just upgraded to some 255/65/19 Wrangler AT too and can't seem to be able to squeeze the spare into the back :-(

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE
118 Posts
How do you guys carry the spare? I just upgraded to some 255/65/19 Wrangler AT too and can't seem to be able to squeeze the spare into the back :-(
Put it on the roof with my front runner rack. Thought about a hitch mount but didn't see many options and didn't want to deal with it every time I opened the trunk. You might be able to fit it if you really air down and are patient with fitting it, I just lost patience! Wish I had a free answer, but I just didn't try hard enough to figure out how to make it fit, and I knew I wanted the rack for other things in the future.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Christopher09RRSC

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just finished the Lucky8 bumper/winch installation.

Reactions: PGME

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE
118 Posts
Just finished the Lucky8 bumper/winch installation.

View attachment 293764
How was the install and the fit? I've seen pictures that seem to show it not fitting well with fender liners, nor it covering the windshield washer fluid reservoir...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mailman, the fit is good but on the 09 - 12 models there is a gap between the bumper and the headlight. Lucky8 says they will have a filler panel available for that soon. No big deal from my perspective. The washer fluid reservoir has to be removed and replaced with the Lucky8 reservoir relocation kit. Fender liners have to be trimmed. It is a commitment for sure but worth it as I enjoy off roading frequently. Best winch option I have found. Now if those backordered rock sliders would arrive...

·
Registered
17 Posts
One more thing. With this bumper you lose the headlight washer nozzle and the front parking assist. As I said, it is a commitment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
??? Is this the 5.0? I have so many questions.

What repairs have you done? How many timing chains? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is the 5.0 no major repairs no timing chains as of yet.
Ask all the questions you may have.

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE
118 Posts
Mailman, the fit is good but on the 09 - 12 models there is a gap between the bumper and the headlight. Lucky8 says they will have a filler panel available for that soon. No big deal from my perspective. The washer fluid reservoir has to be removed and replaced with the Lucky8 reservoir relocation kit. Fender liners have to be trimmed. It is a commitment for sure but worth it as I enjoy off roading frequently. Best winch option I have found. Now if those backordered rock sliders would arrive...
One more thing. With this bumper you lose the headlight washer nozzle and the front parking assist. As I said, it is a commitment.
This car is quite committed so no worries there, I just don't want to add things on if they don't work well, add too much weight, or are just bad products. I also have too many expensive car hobbies and not enough money to commit to them all (yet!). I really won't see the need until I decide I want/need a winch, and I have so many other things on the list before winch still. One of my nozzles is already broken, and while the parking sensor is useful occasionally, I can live without (and we'll call losing all these things weight savings haha). I didn't recall seeing something about a relocation for the washer reservoir on their site, where does it get relocated? I don't mind relocating it, but I definitely saw someone who didn't select that option/that option didn't exist yet and it just seemed silly that a bumper wouldn't fully cover everything.

And yeah, it took forever getting my sliders, I was literally just waiting for the sill covers for months.

Too bad you're down in NC and I'm in NH...would be great to get some offroading in with another serious Rover.

Thanks for the answers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, would love to do some offroading if we were in closer proximity. To answer the reservoir question, Lucky8 puts it in the bumper beside the winch. I found that it fits nicely there but I would have to draft a filler nozzle onto the tank, which Lucky8 did on theirs but I do not have the tools or inclination to do that. I also found that factory wiring and tubes would need to be extended for that, no go for me. I was able to mount it just under the driver headlight strapped to the subframe. It's wedged between the wheel well and the subframe. I drilled holes in the tank and fit the factory pumps for front and rear nicely and used the factory wiring and connections. I could not use the factory fluid level sensor so I get a fluid low level indicator on the dash which I will have turned off. Quite a job for the DYIer but nice when complete.

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover HSE
62 Posts
It is the 5.0 no major repairs no timing chains as of yet.
Ask all the questions you may have.
This is incredible. Original engine and transmission? How do you use the truck? How long have you owned it mileage wise? Has the interior held up well? You most certainly must have the highest mileage or one of the highest mileage 5.0s in the world

·
Registered
935 Posts
This is incredible. Original engine and transmission? How do you use the truck? How long have you owned it mileage wise? Has the interior held up well? You most certainly must have the highest mileage or one of the highest mileage 5.0s in the world
Secretly flushed red coolant switched to green, gets oil changes 3x as frequent as the manual specifies (every 5,000 mi vs every 15,000 mi)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes i need to contact Land Rover so they run an article on this car. If anyone know how or who to contact let me know.
Original Engine and Tranny, its a sales truck so state to state, i bought it from my boss and he did most of the miles, i spent 1200.00 in detailing it and i will post pics of interior it is in great shape in and out.

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover L322 4.2 Supercharged
7 Posts
Here is my 2006 Range Rover with 136k miles

581 - 600 of 625 Posts