RangeRovers.net Forum banner

541 - 560 of 575 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Range Rover Classic & 2009 Range Rover HSE
56 Posts

Unfortunately no adventure shots, but here are the grandson and grandfather together. Can’t wait to have them both out on the trails soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE
89 Posts
Unfortunately no adventure shots, but here are the grandson and grandfather together. Can’t wait to have them both out on the trails soon!

I see you too have 255/65/19s on your Rover...look like the same Wrangler AT Adventure as me! In retrospect I probably wanted the Duratracs, but they were more expensive and would have taken a little longer to get and install. I sent an email to Goodyear asking if they would make a 33" tire for 19" wheels, since they're the only ones that even offer a 32". Always looking to recruit more people to express interest to them!

And very nice looking cars!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I see you too have 255/65/19s on your Rover...look like the same Wrangler AT Adventure as me! In retrospect I probably wanted the Duratracs, but they were more expensive and would have taken a little longer to get and install. I sent an email to Goodyear asking if they would make a 33" tire for 19" wheels, since they're the only ones that even offer a 32". Always looking to recruit more people to express interest to them!

And very nice looking cars!
Thanks so much!

Yes, and these tires have treated me very well thus far! They’ve got excellent road manners, very good (overall) off-road performance, and a decent sidewall. I’ve also consistently achieved 20.5-21.5mpg on road trips (w/ cruise control set @ 75mph), so I haven’t thought twice about choosing these over the Duratracs since September. When the trails start opening, perhaps my longing for 18” wheels and a more aggressive tire will return, but I do appreciate you for reaching out to Goodyear regarding 33” tires for our 19s! If that were to come to fruition, I’d hope my dreams of 18s would finally be put to rest...

* I promise, it’ll be dirty in my next upload! ;) *

Reactions: mtrdrms

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE
89 Posts
Thanks so much!

Yes, and these tires have treated me very well thus far! They’ve got excellent road manners, very good (overall) off-road performance, and a decent sidewall. I’ve also consistently achieved 20.5-21.5mpg on road trips (w/ cruise control set @ 75mph), so I haven’t thought twice about choosing these over the Duratracs since September. When the trails start opening, perhaps my longing for 18” wheels and a more aggressive tire will return, but I do appreciate you for reaching out to Goodyear regarding 33” tires for our 19s! If that were to come to fruition, I’d hope my dreams of 18s would finally be put to rest...

I've definitely enjoyed them too, for all the same reasons you listed! Never had a problem offroad and I don't notice any extreme noise on the highway. I appreciate that they are extra load without the added weight of the LT tires too. I think the Duratracs would have been (that) much more aggressive but I'll live and I'll just get them next time. While there are plenty of benefits of going to 18s, I just don't think I can justify 2k for wheels that will still probably not fit great on my 2010 (sounds like there are a few good options for the 2009 or earlier) for only an extra 0.5" gain in ground clearance on 33s, or the higher expense of lifts and other things to make even bigger tires fit. With a 33" on 19s, we'd only lose 0.5" of sidewall to the 33" on 18s, which seems a much fairer trade for the cost.

On another note, did you fix your speedometer to accomodate the larger size? No matter what I have tried in the GAP tool it hasn't worked, but I might be using the wrong thing. I think the transmission has been reset to figure it out, but the speedo still doesn't match the GPS speed...

Also, such a lovely green! My blue looks great from 20ft, but get close and there are a lot of New England pinstripes there...

Reactions: crash1121

·
Registered
56 Posts
Agreed—the cost is silly for such little variance!

I have not adjusted the speedometer, nor have I been inclined to. Over the years I've had a number of vehicles with taller tires, so I suppose I'm just used to it by now. Sorry I'm no help there, but later on I'll mess around with the GAP tool and PM you if I find a solution.

Thanks for the compliment—I try my best to maintain and protect the paint, but as you very well know, some events have inevitable consequences!

Reactions: THEmailman

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Supercharged L322
131 Posts
Also, such a lovely green! My blue looks great from 20ft, but get close and there are a lot of New England pinstripes there...
Heh, my red is a looker at 30 feet but not so much at 5. Oh well, that's far from important in the bigger picture. It proves that it has survived 15 years in the NY burbs but I wouldn't mind figuring out why the right side headlight/fender gap is all screwed up. Hey, as long as it's not black, grey or silver it's already a win and that green is hot ;)

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover Supercharged
3 Posts
Hello from Dallas Fort Worth. Our new family member and easily the favorite car in the garage - 2012 RR SC. Purchased with 88k miles. Replaced the aftermarket wheels with OEM 20" SC wheels and BFG KO2s. Installed Johnson Rods and Yakima cross bars. Getting her ready for a spring break ski trip to Breckinridge.

PS: if anyone is looking for 24" Avant Garde wheels and tires, please DM.
12B4CD66-7FB8-437F-BC7A-638D066C5EFA.jpeg

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE
89 Posts
Newer member here. Mostly stock, but well maintained, 2003 L322. I've had it a bit over 6 years now, it replaced a P38 that I also loved.

I installed a Voyager roof rack and ladder last year, and an OEM winch is in the garage waiting to be installed.

View attachment 292450
Where does one procure such an OEM winch? Any part numbers I should look for? My understanding it just installs in the lower front bumper...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where does one procure such an OEM winch? Any part numbers I should look for? My understanding it just installs in the lower front bumper...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Unfortunately it was far from inexpensive. I found one in stock at a dealer in Riverside, CA for around $2500. Part number is KNK000060 for the first gen L322s. I believe there are ones for later generations, although I think I read that they are not compatible with supercharged models due to the intercooler location.

This is not my car, but a good representation of what it looks like installed.

EDIT: It looks like the part number for your 2010 HSE is VPLMP0098.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all, Here is a pick of my 2017 Range Rover. TDV6 tones of torque and I average 26 MPG city and highway and I live in So Cal with plenty of hills otherwise would be better.

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE
89 Posts
VPLMP0098
Super helpful comment, thanks! And also I like the look of your roof rack. I have my FrontRunner rack up on it's highest setting, but I should probably lower it just a bit...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not doing this for show ;) - Parking lot was 100% full ! so only way was to hike it up on the snow bank, where all others could not tread The lifts just closed and man everyone was already gone. We skied 10am to 3:30 PB sandwiches on the lift. Mount Washington Vancouver Island - good snow over the Xmas week.

Keep the pix coming, they are awesome!!

View attachment 291497
For show or not for show - great picture and nice RR!

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover HSE 5.0
18 Posts

This is how I bought her back in November

And now after some replica 20's 275/55 Pirellis, Santorini Black paint match of grill surround, side grills and door handles

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover Supercharged [green], 2012 Range Rover Supercharged [black]
17 Posts
Hello from Dallas Fort Worth. Our new family member and easily the favorite car in the garage - 2012 RR SC. Purchased with 88k miles. Replaced the aftermarket wheels with OEM 20" SC wheels and BFG KO2s. Installed Johnson Rods and Yakima cross bars. Getting her ready for a spring break ski trip to Breckinridge.

PS: if anyone is looking for 24" Avant Garde wheels and tires, please DM. View attachment 292447 View attachment 292447
these look perfect -- what size are the BFGs?

541 - 560 of 575 Posts