RangeRovers.net Forum banner

401 - 420 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just purchased my first Land Rover, 2010 Range Rover HSE Lux with 50,500 miles. Super excited, and a bit nervous, at the same time.
Congrats! I see you are a bmw owner as well. Funny that many of us, pair our bmw with LR. It seems to be a trend lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there!

New on the forum, and also new on the Range Rover front. Excited and also a bit apprehensive...

Just imported this gorgeous 2010 Supercharged 5.0 L322. It was in great shape, except for a rattle on cold startup, so I factored in the timing chain tensioner repairs...

It’s at a LR repair shop at the moment, I was right on the timing chain tensioners ( had to be done anyway). Also doing a supercharger torsional isolator replacement as per technical bulletin, and they’re testing the injection spray nozzles while they’re at it.

The Range Rover has been on my list for a long time. In contrast to other trucks that get older, and become old cars, a Range is so iconic, it only gets more charm with the years. ( Also have a BMW 535, funny to read above many RR owners also have a BMW)

So, glad to join you guys, nice to read up on your experiences, very helpfull. Maybe I can attribute some in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all - here is our 2008 RRSC in Java Black.
Not 100% sure the tint will stay (probably take off the front drivers/passengers at least). The RR needs new tires NOW, I've read for the last week about the choices and lean to a Nitto Terra Grappler G2 265/50R20 - decision pending.... I like what b.woods did above with 18" wheels. So looking at 18" wheel options too...
I looked at the spare wheel in the back - there is something written on every spoke - here is what I learned on 6 of the 9 spokes:
Cromodora Wheels Made in Italy - manufacturer and CoO
8.5J x 20EH2 - 58 E-DOT width and diameter with an offset = 58 (I corrected this from 56- looked at the photo again and confirmed it is 58)
Max Load 925kg ...yup
Land Rover >AlSi7Mg< ?
U9GRA RRC502690XXX ...part number
CD045 3-a ?
... other spokes with what looks like date codes
Great forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
That tint looks good. And I'm not a fan of window tints.
Thanks - it was well done, and is fine during the day - at night its noticeably also working to reduce light transmission so I need to either adapt to it or remove it. No rush. Other priorities - tires! and maybe wheels.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks - it was well done, and is fine during the day - at night its noticeably also working to reduce light transmission so I need to either adapt to it or remove it. No rush. Other priorities - tires! and maybe wheels.
when the tint matches the back windows it looks great on there. I have the same on my 2008

401 - 420 of 426 Posts