RangeRovers.net Forum banner

361 - 380 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Figured out a better rack solution and changed out the wheels.

Just about ready for the road trip....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can confirm: the interior is what sold me too!

Honestly I didn't want a black Rover but Autobiography selection isn't exactly large in the lower mileage vehicles. In fact another member here passed on this particular MY12 AB in part due to the Tan/Brown interior. Worked out great for me :cool:

Congratulations on your new AB!

Steering Wheel: It is way sexier IRL than I ever imagined. I can't stop touching it. These are real deal custom made wheels using LR cores.

You could do it. It's not a hard job. Check out the thread I just posted where I detail the removal process as well as add LR Paddle Shifters.

Interesting: Your door cards say "Autobiography" and mine say "Range Rover". Autobiography Black versions say "Autobiography Black". The general versions don't say anything at all and are just black. Can you snap a pic of the your tailgate badge and full door card insert?
It has the lined oak trim. You can get a better look from the steering wheel picture where light is hitting it directly.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It has the lined oak trim. You can get a better look from the steering wheel picture where light is hitting it directly.
Care to elaborate, which vehicle you're talking about?

Are you referring to your MY12 AB you bought from Encino LR or?

BTW thank you again for not buying the AB i bought. Turned out to be the best I could have purchased considering.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Care to elaborate, which vehicle you're talking about?

Are you referring to your MY12 AB you bought from Encino LR or?

BTW thank you again for not buying the AB i bought. Turned out to be the best I could have purchased considering.
It was in reference to your interior trim inquiry in Nollege76's MY12 AB.

I would have picked up the 12 AB you bought if it had the all black interior (which seems to be hard to find in the AB spec, pretty common in the supercharged trim).

·
Registered
24 Posts
:LOL: Yeah, that's on me my guy. We'd had a little freak shower, seeing as though we haven't had much rain at all this summer. Inside was spotless and fresh though! It's clean now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My new to me 2008 Supercharged. Recently purchased from Tom Wood JLR dealer in Indy with only 34k miles on the clock.
Was owned by Herb Simon of Simon Malls and owner of the Indy Pacers NBA basketball team.
Maintained by the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice!

·
Registered
252 Posts
It was in reference to your interior trim inquiry in Nollege76's MY12 AB.

I would have picked up the 12 AB you bought if it had the all black interior (which seems to be hard to find in the AB spec, pretty common in the supercharged trim).
I'm just giving you a hard time because I was trying to avoid an all black interior which ultimately worked out perfectly for both of us 😆

And hey, this is a nice AB now but not gonna lie, it has needed a bit of work to get there. You probably did yourself a favor and picked up the better vehicle at the time.

To the group: BTW I have some almost new 21 inch AB and SVR wheels in 2 styles going up for sale soon if anyone is interested. Tires included.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We were twins for a minute, except I've only got 68k miles.

View attachment 281187
Hey Datafoo, I have a question for you. What size rims did your MY12 AB come with, originally? I don't know why I thought they came with 20" rims. I just happened to look at mine, yesterday, and realized they are 22's. And they have 285/40R/22 tires. Every tire site I've gone to, looking for new tires, doesn't even give a 22" option, as standard on the AB. I was wondering if these are the original rims, or an aftermarket version of the original rims, in a 22".

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey Datafoo, I have a question for you. What size rims did your MY12 AB come with, originally? I don't know why I thought they came with 20" rims. I just happened to look at mine, yesterday, and realized they are 22's. And they have 285/40R/22 tires. Every tire site I've gone to, looking for new tires, doesn't even give a 22" option, as standard on the AB. I was wondering if these are the original rims, or an aftermarket version of the original rims, in a 22".
The stock MY10-MY12 L322 AB wheels are 20x8.5.

BTW be thankful they threw a 40 series tire on there. That should help your ride quality quite a bit on a 22.

Check your spare. Because of the towing package you should have a full size spare and nobody but me ever buyels a 5th wheel for a spare 😆

·
Registered
24 Posts
The stock MY10-MY12 L322 AB wheels are 20x8.5.

BTW be thankful they threw a 40 series tire on there. That should help your ride quality quite a bit on a 22.

Check your spare. Because of the towing package you should have a full size spare and nobody but me ever buyels a 5th wheel for a spare 😆
Oh, trust I'm the same way!! If I ever happen to get a flat and have to put a spare on, it MUST be the same as the other wheels. I can't do that donut spare...unacceptable! :LOL: I'll have to look at the spare. I know it's the same rim, but I need to check the size. It seems as though the original owner bought a set of aftermarket OEM style AB wheels, but in a 22", versus the standard 20". I'm just hoping that he did the same for the spare! If not, I have four 22" rims and one 20".
This is the style rim that I have, in 22".

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm thinking I may pull them off and put a set of the 20" rims on it. I want a deeper tire wall, than a 40R. I used to love the 255/55's that the P38 had. A 40 series tire just isn't that comfortable on a truck this size, to me.

361 - 380 of 426 Posts