RangeRovers.net Forum banner

341 - 360 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
You have been bitten :). Very cool car collection there. I'm partial to the t3 vanagons, but eurovans are just as fun! Let's see some pix of the brown interior.
That is a good friends collection hiding in the background but some cool cars like an original e30 M3 I keep trying to talk him out of. I only claim the 2 Rovers in the pic.

Don't hate me, might swap the woodgrain for piano black. It's Arabica brown with ivory headliner. The carpet is brown, the dash is brown leather. The trims which might normally be blue or black are all brown. Admittedly I am enjoying the color of these interiors (MY12 AB has the burnt tan) and glad I didn't end up just black.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you pull the wood tone trim, keep me in mind. I've been looking for some. It should fit a 2009.
What do you have now?

I'll let you know. Going to sleep on it over the weekend and possibly order parts next week as its just under $1200 for all the interior pieces and another $1000 for the new steering wheel and gearshoft knob from the UK.

Yeah this will all fit a MY09 and I've got the original matching steering wheel with wood trim and matching gearshift knob. This was a well cared for vehicle, I haven't noticed any scratches. Leather on the wheel and knob are like new. Steering wheel fully interchanges with all L322 years.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Updated MY12 AB pic.

L494 SVR 21" updated wheels.

·
Registered
210 Posts
MY12 SC ended up with the L405 AB wheels. 21x9.5 with 275/45/21 tires.

·
Registered
111 Posts
What do you have now?

I'll let you know. Going to sleep on it over the weekend and possibly order parts next week as its just under $1200 for all the interior pieces and another $1000 for the new steering wheel and gearshoft knob from the UK.

Yeah this will all fit a MY09 and I've got the original matching steering wheel with wood trim and matching gearshift knob. This was a well cared for vehicle, I haven't noticed any scratches. Leather on the wheel and knob are like new. Steering wheel fully interchanges with all L322 years.
No rush. I have (wife has ) a 09 HSE with the standard wood trim. Always liked the AB added trims on the center tunnel, and rear tunnel area. Currently the full leather heated steering wheel has some rash on the top that nobody really sees, but pisses me off every time I drive or clean her truck.
Does the wood/leather wheel have heat? Maybe it was the all wood that didn't have heat. I really haven't looked to replace it., but if it comes along I might. My SV8 has wood/leather but sometimes I prefer the all leather.
Mark

·
Registered
210 Posts
No rush. I have (wife has ) a 09 HSE with the standard wood trim. Always liked the AB added trims on the center tunnel, and rear tunnel area. Currently the full leather heated steering wheel has some rash on the top that nobody really sees, but pisses me off every time I drive or clean her truck.

Does the wood/leather wheel have heat? Maybe it was the all wood that didn't have heat. I really haven't looked to replace it., but if it comes along I might. My SV8 has wood/leather but sometimes I prefer the all leather.
Mark
Understood. Frankly i prefer the all leather wheel myself. That's the first thing I did was yank out the wood wheel and put in a MY10 leather wheel.

Wood inlay wheels come in both heated and non heated. Sometimes the little module inside the wheel dies. Powerfuluk has all the potential combinations to get an idea. That's where I'm ordering my Black Laquer, perforated Napa leather sport wheel for the AB. Adding the sport shifters for fun. That's where I'm getting all the Black Laquer pieces which will go in the AB and all the AB Black Laquer pieces are going in the SC

Both my Black Laquer and Walnut wheels have heat. Sorry for the twisted photo.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Does that mean you'll have a heated all leather spare hanging around?😁
Ugh doubtful. I just bought it, it was near $400 and I had to scour ebay for months before I found a like new wheel cause they're most all somewhat trashed. I bought it for the MY06 and was one of those "I should just put $400 into a new Rover which comes with what I want" realization moments.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Admittedly I am enjoying the color of these interiors (MY12 AB has the burnt tan) and glad I didn't end up just black.
View attachment 280926
I've seen that brown combination in other L322's and I actually quite like it! It goes very well with the exterior color. You got very nice combos.

That English tan color was what tipped me over the edge to get mine. Never seen a green one with that dark tan interior. Plus the fact it is a 2012 and AB...too many things, I just had to pull the trigger :).

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
We were twins for a minute, except I've only got 68k miles.

View attachment 281187
That steering wheel is really nice!! Outside of the truck being the Autobiography edition, the interior was what really sold me on it. Now, if I even had the unmitagated GALL to THINK about taking apart the steering wheel and replacing it...I would so do it! However, I know my limitations...and anything dealing with replacing items on vehicles, breaking them apart and replacing ANYTHING mechanical or functional...the ONLY outcome would be this face :oops:, followed by "oops". That's really nice though. I also like the wheels on both of your RR's. I really want to replace the calipers on my truck, with new ones that have the "Range Rover" wording on them. The paint is peeling off of mine. But, again, I don't trust myself to do so...:LOL:

·
Registered
210 Posts
That steering wheel is really nice!! Outside of the truck being the Autobiography edition, the interior was what really sold me on it. Now, if I even had the unmitagated GALL to THINK about taking apart the steering wheel and replacing it...I would so do it! However, I know my limitations...and anything dealing with replacing items on vehicles, breaking them apart and replacing ANYTHING mechanical or functional...the ONLY outcome would be this face :oops:, followed by "oops". That's really nice though. I also like the wheels on both of your RR's. I really want to replace the calipers on my truck, with new ones that have the "Range Rover" wording on them. The paint is peeling off of mine. But, again, I don't trust myself to do so...:LOL:
Can confirm: the interior is what sold me too!

Honestly I didn't want a black Rover but Autobiography selection isn't exactly large in the lower mileage vehicles. In fact another member here passed on this particular MY12 AB in part due to the Tan/Brown interior. Worked out great for me :cool:

Congratulations on your new AB!

Steering Wheel: It is way sexier IRL than I ever imagined. I can't stop touching it. These are real deal custom made wheels using LR cores.

You could do it. It's not a hard job. Check out the thread I just posted where I detail the removal process as well as add LR Paddle Shifters.

Interesting: Your door cards say "Autobiography" and mine say "Range Rover". Autobiography Black versions say "Autobiography Black". The general versions don't say anything at all and are just black. Can you snap a pic of the your tailgate badge and full door card insert?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Interesting: Your door cards say "Autobiography" and mine say "Range Rover". Autobiography Black versions say "Autobiography Black". The general versions don't say anything at all and are just black. Can you snap a pic of the your tailgate badge and full door card insert?
I've noticed that, too! I wonder for which wood trims that was an option. I have the dark cherry wood in my AB and it doesn't have any inscription. I saw a gorgeous Antilles blue AB on ebay with the really cool ash grey wood pieces (I think they're called Lined Oak), and that one had the inscription. If I decide to switch over to piano black or the Lined Oak trim, I definitely want to get the "autobiography" engraving.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've noticed that, too! I wonder for which wood trims that was an option. I have the dark cherry wood in my AB and it doesn't have any inscription. I saw a gorgeous Antilles blue AB on ebay with the really cool ash grey wood pieces (I think they're called Lined Oak), and that one had the inscription. If I decide to switch over to piano black or the Lined Oak trim, I definitely want to get the "autobiography" engraving.
I think I bought the very last set of NOS Piano Black Door inserts for the SC. They arrived damaged as well and there aren't any others to get a replacement. These are blank. I paid near $600 for them recently.

BTW the lined oak should look almost grey. The Blue Russian Burl is also super sexy. Think both those are rare here in the states.

341 - 360 of 361 Posts
About this Discussion
360 Replies
312 Participants
datafoo
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing