RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW I KNOW but you guys are so dam smart and I can't find a fourm, for my other car, and it 's from across the pond as well :oops:
Does anyone have experience with the high beams on a 1996 XJ6 all of a sudden the high beams stopped working, I checked each fuse box on each fender because you that this car has a seprate fuse box for each set of lights as located on each side of the car, oh and seprate relays for the lights. I removed one of the high beam blubs and put a test light in each side of the connector pulled on the high beam switch and nothin!

Thanks

Scotty

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
Scotty said:
I KNOW I KNOW but you guys are so dam smart and I can't find a fourm, for my other car, and it 's from across the pond as well :oops:
Does anyone have experience with the high beams on a 1996 XJ6 all of a sudden the high beams stopped working, I checked each fuse box on each fender because you that this car has a seprate fuse box for each set of lights as located on each side of the car, oh and seprate relays for the lights. I removed one of the high beam blubs and put a test light in each side of the connector pulled on the high beam switch and nothin!

Thanks

Scotty
Try the Jag forum at: http://forums.motorcars-ltd.com/

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!!! :mrgreen:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys I just wanted to say that this forum is GREAT all who participate, Thank You sometimes I think we all take each other for granit. Anyway heres the deal I have been to all the Jag sites and they SUCK I posted my high beam issue on several sites starting back on the 7th no replies not one a couple of guys said to check grounds but no real in depth replies.
Any Who this is what I found, First off the problem was in
the switch some might call it the stock. Inside the switch there
are two sets of contacts one set is for the blinkers the other set
is for the High beams/ dip beams. The copper n/o contact was
sprung/or flat it should have a bit of a bow, just wear i'm sure.
Jag in there forsite left an opening on the side of the switch just
enough for two tooth picks, I was able to put a tooth pick under
the top of the contact which allowed me to apply just enough
presure so as to put another tooth pick on the out side of the
contact at the bottom to recreate the bend in the contact. Persto
high beamO..
I don't know that this will be a permenant fix but it save some cash for now. I posted this here because we can all have this issue with our autos.

Again Thank You guys for this site... :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts