RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No 12+ at coil, Intermittent.

OK I have an issue that just has me stumped. I get intermittent loss of my 12+ at the coil end. The rover runs fine, but it will not fire up from time to time, and when I check, no 12V at the + coil end. Most of the time when this happens, I get a ground there. Occasionally I get about 4+ volts.

If I jump for another 12V source, fires right up and runs great. Looking at the circuit, I am on F3 Sat 1 Fuse, which has 12V. I also see that it has Jumper HJ7 in common which has a connection to the ECM and the fuel pump relay. I would like to understand where my grind is coming from, and why would I get a ground at the coil, 12V at the fuel pump relay and still have a fuse....

I am thinking I may have a bad wire, and should just find a switched source, and move on, but want to here what others would do in this situation. I know intermittent electrical issues are the worst, like someone wishing the pox upon you....

Thanks

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
Re: No 12+ at coil, Intermittent.

overheater fuse connector thus causing resistance comes to mind, another culprit rare but happens the ignition switch at the electrical side fails and causes many intermitant issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts