RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I relised today my oil seperator is missing from my l-hand rocker cover, good bad thing? and does any one have a photo of one?

Thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Sitting in car left side has nothing in it. (Idle venting)
Right side (coolant bottle side) there should be a oil seperator, usually gets blocked up.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whislt sitting in the car my left side does not have one and my right side were there should be one also doesnt have one, obviously it should be there is there anything I would notice if it isnt in there and what effect does it have on the car?

·
Registered
453 Posts
They reduce the oil getting into the combustion system, without one you'll see more oil being passed through the combustion parts (plugs etc)
They also keep the inside of the engine in a vacuum (breath in from the L/H side and suck out from the R/H side) Not sure if this is affected with no seperator in place (i cannot see it would)
They are often removed as they clog up over time. Routine maintenance should be to clean them.

Stick one in just to keep the oil off your plugs.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link Keith, I dont have much going on today might take a stroll over to your place and pick the seperator up thanks! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts