RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave the old girl a service today.Even replaced the rear shocks,still the originals as far as I know
Tried to clean the oil seperator(or egr valve),but of course it snapped getting out of the rocker cover.
Had a look on Rave and a quick search on here ,but cant seem to find a part number to order a replacement.
Anyone know it and can you fit a new with the rocker cover in place
Thanks.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Col said:
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-LLJ000010

Is this is what you mean?
Cheers
Thanks Col,that is it exactly.Did look on their site but couldnt find under Landrover parts.Now just need to find the rubber hose and which way up the separator goes in the rocker cover :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
JeremyD said:
Pointy end goes towards the top
That's a different design to the OEM unit, which has the 'stick' at both ends. Not that it makes any difference - just maybe easier to take out next time with the 'stick' on top.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I got my P38 without an oil seperator someone had previously taken it out, I ordered a new one and couldnt fit it without removing the rocker cover and tapping it in gently with a hammer I left the pointy end up as for ease of removal, however I highly doubt removing it will be any easier

·
Registered
640 Posts
Just had a look at mine and can remove it without removing Rocker Cover. Also has a Pointed bit both ends but looking at Replacement Part it only has a point one end, so I personaly would be inclined to keep the point uppermost to make it easier to remove and clean as previously recommended.

Cheers

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just ordered the separator ,hose and cover gasket from Rimmers.Will remove the cover and make sure I get all the old one out before replacing. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts