RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where I can get A Viton Oil pressure relief valve O ring for a 1998 landrover Rangerover 4.6hse I tried a couple of places like rovers north, and British Atlantic, it seems you have to buy the whole gasket set for the waterpump in order to get the o-ring.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
Thread split off from the EAS O-ring thread as it has nothing to do with the EAS.

Why are you talking about the water pump?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got you Ron I'm actually new to this forum so I wasn't sure where I could post my Question, The reason i mentioned the water pump, was because of the fact that I am not able to purchase the O ring that goes on the oil pressure relief valve, without purchasing the whole gasket set. I was asking where I could purchase this O-ring without purchasing the whole set.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
Try a search on oil pressure relief valve. A few here have replaced the O-ring.

If someone has the size, it would be easy to get one from a bearing supply company (they usually sell O-rings as well - at least they do here in Australia).

If you have time, just take the O-ring to the supplier and they'll match it. They have the tools to measure O-rings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ron, I think I remember you from a while back I'm thinking maybe 4 to 5 years, I had problems with replacing blend motors, you had some inputs, helped a lot Thank you much, your a big contributor. I was hoping I could get one at some of these Auto parts store, know now that's not gonna happen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jos I hope I don't have that problem, right now I've got a leak that appears to be coming from the the relief valve, I'll get that o-ring see if that works, if not, guess I'll be checking this website for help. I got those measurements, Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry people I'm in Corpus Christi Texas, USA, name is George I've got a 1998 Landrover Rangerover HSE 4.6. I'll get the rules yet. Thanks

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
SouthTex said:
Sorry people I'm in Corpus Christi Texas, USA, name is George I've got a 1998 Landrover Rangerover HSE 4.6. I'll get the rules yet. Thanks
Sorry for what, breaking rules, whos rules, thats what rules are there for, to be broken..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts