RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having the oil light come on in my 1993. I pulled the oil pan hoping to find the pick-up tube plugged, but it was clean. I broke the oil level sensor when I pulled the oil pan so I disconnected it...would that cause the light to come on? My next move was to pull the oil pump. Replaced the pressure release valve assembly as well as some of the other plugs and washers that came with the kit. The upper gear fell out when I pulled the cover, but I could not get the lower gear to come out more than a half inch or so. Packed it full of petroleum jelly and put it back together...light is still on.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Get it checked with a mechanical gauge to see if it really is low of just the sender packed it in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to get it tested with a gauge, but I don't have one. The pressure switch has been replaced with a new one.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
A well equipped workshop should have one. I would have thought it was worth spending a small amount of money to get it absolutely diagnosed before and more replacement/distmantling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts