Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 range rover full size supercharged and I have noticed after driving and parking there is oil that drips from very front passenger side. I can small amount of oil dripping from the passenger side front plastic cover underneath the car. It only drips after driving and it is parked. I have confirmed that it is in fact oil. It is not coolant, windshield fluid, or any other kind of fluid. Any ideas on what could be leaking? The car has 160k miles on it.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I have a 2009 range rover full size supercharged and I have noticed after driving and parking there is oil that drips from very front passenger side. I can small amount of oil dripping from the passenger side front plastic cover underneath the car. It only drips after driving and it is parked. I have confirmed that it is in fact oil. It is not coolant, windshield fluid, or any other kind of fluid. Any ideas on what could be leaking? The car has 160k miles on it.
Have the same exact leak, it looks like it comes from an oil hose somewhere under the coolant res... which years ago I planned to replace, then just didn't. It only leaks in really cool temps. I hadn't leaked all spring/summer/fall... then confidently today I noticed the spot on my garage floor in that location.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i had that and i found the leak came from one of the coners of a timing cover , not sure its the case for you but might be worth looking at , it only happens after the engines been running which concides with oil being thrown high up to the cover then dripping down... hope that helps

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really havent explored it much but I was planning on looking into it more when I do my oil change my next week. I just hope its not something serious. If its timing is that an expensive job? The engine block itself looks pretty dry so I think its gotta be from down somewhere.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I really havent explored it much but I was planning on looking into it more when I do my oil change my next week. I just hope its not something serious. If its timing is that an expensive job? The engine block itself looks pretty dry so I think its gotta be from down somewhere.
mine comes from the very front of the car and isn't the timing chain cover... at least I hope it isn't. I suppose oil could trace there. Pretty sure it's just a tired hose though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts