RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all. Does anyone have an idea where I can get the O-Ring/Gasket that goes on the oil filler neck where it sits on the valve cover?

I have just found searching the neck with the ring for USD $80.00 or used for USD $25.00 ... Of course for this I will like to get a new O-Ring/Gasket... looks like the Mechanic that did the head gasket job lost it somehow.

Or if somebody have used something else instead, form another car or so....

Thanks

Raul

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
This is one of those really low tech items that doesn;t need to be an exact fit. Hit up NAPA or OReilly's with riser in hand and stretch something over it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jajajaja... Thanks Buddy I was expecting an answer like that, but there is a say that says " IT'S BETTER TO BE STUPID FOR ASKING THAN BEING STUPID FOR NOT ASKING"

I didn't want to end up in one of those situations where a drunk or hangovered LR designer came up with the "FANTASTIC" idea of making that gasket out of I don't know what alloy or mixture because the valve cover temperature or position or alignment with the stars will melt down any standard O-Ring or gasket and because of the "special over-engineered" design of the thread in the cover the melted gunk will end up inside the engine.... You all know this can happen with our rides... BUT WE LOVE THEM TOUGH.

Going to O'Reilly's at lunch.

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
It's just a standard O ring. I was going to suggest going to a DIY store (or is it a hardware store the other side of the pond?) and getting a standard plumbing waste pipe O ring. Then again, our waste pipes are probably a different size to yours anyway.

I actually used Loctite on my filler neck as half the time I tried to take the filler cap off, the whole lot unscrewed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually that thing and the cap are so annoying, if you put the cap when the engine is cold and you try to take it out hot... for sure it comes out with the neck attached, you have to wait till it gets dead cold to take it out by itself... Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts