RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I put a post up earlier about a hose leaking. Here is the part I ordered. #ESR2697

In the pictures it shows the pipe coming from right in front of the oil pan up to the oil cooler. I got the part today and it is clearly way to short. So I looked at the pictures again and it shows that oil line going to one side of the oil cooler and the other oil line from the filter to the other side of the oil cooler. Here is the link to show that:

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/p-3528 ... 10481.aspx

On my 1998 range rover, those two lines go to the left (drivers) side of the oil cooler that is in front of the radiator...They are both on the same side, nothing like the pictures indicate... Why does my range rover have both of those lines going to the same side....what am i missing?

Can anyone tell me which oil line is that I'm needing. It is the one that comes out right in front of the oil pan by the filter and that line goes all the way up to the oil cooler that is in front of the radiator.

thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
I had similar issues with AB on an oil line order. Before I tell you why I didn't go anyfurther I want to say that after almost 20 years with AB this is the only part that has been incorrect from them. They always have top notch service and bend over backwards for me. Now that my "super happy with AB" bit is over. I have to ask are 100% sure it is your cooler line leaking? I thought one of mine was leaking because of the oil pooling at the top of the crimp between metal and hose. Now that I have my engine apart I have found that my cam sensor had no Oring and my front seal may be bad. I say MAY because I haven't cleaned my front cover yet. The long and short is that oil is splatered from the cam sensor across the front of the engine and all over my passenger side oil line. It only makes sense that once stopped the oil oozes down to the crimp and appears as a leak. At least now I know where my leak was! :evil:

·
Registered
640 Posts
g00dspeed said:
On my 1998 range rover, those two lines go to the left (drivers) side of the oil cooler that is in front of the radiator...They are both on the same side, nothing like the pictures indicate... Why does my range rover have both of those lines going to the same side....what am i missing?

Can anyone tell me which oil line is that I'm needing. It is the one that comes out right in front of the oil pan by the filter and that line goes all the way up to the oil cooler
There are Two Oil Coolers in Front of the Radiator, The Top One is the Engine Oil Cooler and the Lower one the Transmission Oil Cooler.
Each Cooler has a pipe going to Each end of it Hence two pipe on the left and Two Pipe on the Right.
The Picture shown in Link in your Post is the Engine Oil Cooler which is Why there is a Pipe going to Each End of it.

As I said in Your Previous Post I have just Relaced my Engine Oil Cooler on a 98' Truck and the Part No. of the Hose's are

ESR2697 Oil Filter Housing to Cooler (Short Pipe)

ESR4415 Engine Front Cover to Cooler (Long Pipe)
g00dspeed said:
I put a post up earlier about a hose leaking. Here is the part I ordered. #ESR2697
I think you will find You Ordered the Wrong Pipe

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts