RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Range Rover Sport HSE. I used to be a 3000 mile oil change guy. I see the new suggestions for a 7500 interval. I don't mind spending money for oil...what do you all say?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
wrong forum. 2013 is the last of the L320s thread moved.

Actually according to the 2013 service schedule your oil changes are once a year or 15K miles. 7500 miles is what many folks do because oil is cheap and filters can be purchased in bulk at discount.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
106 Posts
10-15k.

Auto oil is exceptionally durable and your engine gets used to a specific flavor. The only real complaint I have with my beauty is that RR got rid of the dip stick. I like to check the quality of my oil from time to time and the dip stick is my chosen method. Now there is some nebulous sensor that has specific criteria that must be met before I can simply check the level.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
838 Posts
I do my own maintenance as well. I change mine every 15,000 kms (about once a year) Mine calls for regular 5w30 Castrol. I use Castrol Titanium Synthetic, Been doing it for 6 years and so far no engine problems from oil. Never uses a drop of oil and still feels slippery and fairly clean when I change it. I think the frequent changes recommended are unnecessary and wasteful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts