RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get the oil changed on a two pronged lift, with wheels dangling, and 2 days later my '05 HSE seems "lost" in terms of the height settings :think: . RR shop says this can happen if the wheels are not supported on a lift, and the solution is for them to redo the settings and see what happens. The odd thing is the front will go up, the rear will stay down, and sometimes the fault code shows and sometimes it doesn't. It's like the wheels aren't sure where they are along the height continuem. Any of you had this problem, and if so how was it solved? I can't drive it until next week as the shop is on a short holiday schedule, and I'm concerned that with the suspension in whacky mode :shock: it may be unsafe.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I have mine on a lift all the time and this has never happened. although I always leave a door open.... I'd check to see if the height sensors are all fit correctly, maybe one got jacked up

·
Registered
293 Posts
I know you "probably" dont want to search the P38 forums, but i remember a couple of people having this problem in there...

one guy even posted some photos of how, when his ride goes up on the two prong lift, they would strap each wheel right at the drum for support so they wouldnt drop all the way down...

bottom line is some rigs suffer from this and others dont, just from memory the ones that seemed to have this issue had old or "older" bags when it happened...

is the shop you take it to only have the two prong lift?

so for two days, your rig drove normal, or for two days straight it was off? I would to what brad mentioned, it doesnt make sense that the going up on a lift would alter the settings...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brad, so the sensors are in a position where they can be damaged on a lift easily? Do you know whether or not sensors are expensive to replace? Thanks to all for their feedback..Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts