RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just change my plugs and noticed there was a little oil around the top of one plug so its time to look at the seals.
I can see posts where the cam seal gaskets should be replaced but they are for earlier models with the BMW engines mines is the Ford Jag engine naturally aspirated and its slightly different.

Has anyone done the cam cover gaskets on this model AJV8 .

I have looked at the seal kits and not sure if they will suit my model. Also there are parts listed for spark plug seals for my model (Part No. AJ8687 )which is kind of confusing as the the gaskets for the other models has to two gaskets for each left and right bank. You can see there is a gasket that surrounds and seals the spark plugs rather that than sealing each plug individually.

Any help please:geek:

Bruce

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The Jag engines use 8 individual seal gaskets that look like Fat O-rings, that get crushed between a groove in the cylinder head around the spark plug tube, and the valve cover gasket. And of course you need the two valve cover gaskets that actually seal the valve cover to the heads.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Mark you are always very helpful.

I have ordered the parts - numbers are as follows the 8X 'O' rings around the plugs are LDR500180
and the seals -Left H is LR007657 and RH is LR007652.
Now to do the fitting, the bummer with this model is you have to remove the AC pipe which means degas and regas the AC system. This costs more than the parts to do the cam seals:roll:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just thinking does anyone have any thoughts on this -

Would oil around the plug from a leaky seal be a potential for a little start up hesitation on a cold start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts