RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the ship yesterday with bad Migraine had to fly with it. then go to ER to get a shot. So the day sucks already.
So had a appointment with Cerroines for a oil change and also to look at the check engine light usually its the gas cap because the wife has bad hands and cant tighten the cap properly. So I want them to check the tapping noise from the engine cause its now louder and all the time now. So they get the fault codes P0442-00 and p0420-00 swaped the gas cap and swaped the EGR valve and gasket all good to go.

Now I still have the tapping noise which Cerroines says is coming from the left side of the engine and could be a lifter that is collapsed.
So I was wondering if I should try a oil additive so solve the lifter issue. I had the oil changed 5w30 synthetic also.
Frank the owner of the shop was not in and I will call him on Monday for any recommendations.
Im doing a rode trip today and was concerned.

Do you guys recommend a oil additive to try
I look forward for and recommendations
Mahalo Capt Ken

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
14 Posts
I use Lucas oil additive on my 212000 mile Avalanche for its lifter tick/ring blow-by problems. I just put one quart of the Lucas and five quarts of high-mileage oil at each oil change and it keeps the ticking down and eliminates the blow-by problem between oil changes. It was recommended by the Chevy dealership as a cheap band-aid to squeeze more miles out of the engine before a rebuild.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts