RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I posted this question once and im all out of ideas except for a few things. my 90 RR is running hot hot hot only at freeway speeds....until today it almost overheated and i pulled in just in time to shut it down. Today I removed the thermostat altogether thinking that maybe at idle and around town the thermostat opened enough to keep the truck cool but freeway speeds it didnt open anymore maybe causing the truck to run hot and hot i mean about 3/4 on the freeway or at freeway speeds. Well, that theory proved to not be the problem and made it worse. Here is what i have done so far. Flushed the rad a few times and once taking a hose and sticking it in the top. The water flowed freely from what i could tell. Next I spun the fan by hand and i think it is fine no play in it side to side and when i spin it, it only spins a quater turn due to the resistance i think it should have. one thing i have noticed is that when i go to feel the top rad hose after it has gotten pretty hot it is pretty hard like really pressurized. would the coolant level sensor/expansion cap have anything to do with it? maybe the fan is indeed bad and blocks the flow of incoming air at higher speeds but wouldnt explain what happened today as it almost overheated in my neighborhood? should i get the radiator tested for efficiency? I know Im not loosing any fluid, i have no white smoke not even on start up so im not thinking its a head gasket. Greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.