RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mrs. and I will be flying out on 6/3 to pick her up. Then, we'll have the drive back from Houston to Washington DC to get accustomed to her. Gonna be an awful long drive but at least we get away from the kids for a couple of days. :D

2007 HSE Supercharged. Java Black on Ivory with rear DVD. I don't think there's an option it doesn't have. Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6pmgW11 ... r_embedded

·
Registered
952 Posts
Congratulations, they are great cars.

Just an FYI, Range Rover has HSE or Supercharged variants, there is no HSE Supercharged.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
remington said:
Congratulations, they are great cars.

Just an FYI, Range Rover has HSE or Supercharged variants, there is no HSE Supercharged.

Crap. Yeah, just a big newbie dummy. I can rattle off Mercedes-Benz part numbers, off the top of my head, but still learning about these trucks.

Boy are you guys gonna get sick of me in a hurry. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
Good for you & welcome.

It's a S/C alright, no HSE about her at all.

Oh & when you get back, look into http://landrover.tagworldwide.com/range ... _en_GB.php
& you'll see plenty of accessories & options you don't have.

Let us know how the drive back goes.

Oh & bring a radar detector- a good one.

AL

·
Registered
565 Posts
Congrats! I remember that feeling a couple of times :)

Why did you end up buying it in Houston? Were you able to see it first? With your flight and gas back to DC are you still coming out ahead?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
luxury1 said:
Congrats! I remember that feeling a couple of times :)

Why did you end up buying it in Houston? Were you able to see it first? With your flight and gas back to DC are you still coming out ahead?
I bought in Houston because the combo my wife wanted was very hard to find on a clean truck, especially at a good price. Was not able to see it first, obviously. But, the dealer took pictures of every square inch of the truck, plus made the video I posted above. It's still under warranty, so as long as the cosmetic stuff is in order, I don't have many reservations about it. I purchased my E500, SL600 and R500 sight-unseen as well. Shipping is roughly $1000.00 and (2) 1-way flights were $350.00, total. With lodging, gas, food, etc..., I'll probably break even, or come out slightly ahead, financially. But it's not really about that. It's about the excitement of a new purchase, the adventure that's ahead of us, and some alone time with my too-hot-for-me-wife, without the kids for a few days. We're going to get to see parts of the country that we'd never even think about visiting. We'll be able to dine on some monster Rib-Eyes in Texas, unbelievable BBQ in Memphis, and maybe even stop in on Graceland to see The King. And all of this in the comfort and luxury of one of the finest creations to ever grace our roads.

Sometimes, money isn't the deciding factor in everything we do.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I kind of figured that money wasn't necessarily the driving factor here. Enjoy!

By the way, I used to have the 2004 E also! I ended up trading it for a little bigger car (LS) but it is an excellent car.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
BenzORama said:
It's about the excitement of a new purchase, the adventure that's ahead of us, and some alone time with my too-hot-for-me-wife, without the kids for a few days. We're going to get to see parts of the country that we'd never even think about visiting. We'll be able to dine on some monster Rib-Eyes in Texas, unbelievable BBQ in Memphis, and maybe even stop in on Graceland to see The King. And all of this in the comfort and luxury of one of the finest creations to ever grace our roads.

Sometimes, money isn't the deciding factor in everything we do.
You have become my new best friend. You so made my day with that statement. :clap: :thumb:

·
Registered
140 Posts
welcome to RR ownership BenzO. :)

Youre coming from the MBworld.org right? Ive lurked there for years, but no AMG yet (its coming ;) )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts