RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I drive my vehicle offroad condition and found that current Continental Cross Contact tire not good such condition.

Is there any tire option 2007 Supercharged model?

After first time driving I lost two tires and second time driving another two tire gone.

Balgaa

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dude.

Go see www.dickcepek.com who have the FC-2 radial which is in-between an All-terrain and Mud-terrain tyre suited to touring !

This should be adequate in your 20 inch fitment, but requires driving your Rangey Sport in Raised Mode full time since the height of the rubber is 32.8" tall (325/50R20) and you are likely to need spacers to sit these tyres further outside the fenders ?

I have these FC-2's fitted to my Classic Rangie and they are probably suited to the off-road conditions experienced in Mongolia.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
For 20" wheels Cooper Zeon LTZ, Nitto Terra Grappler have sizes that closely match the dimensions of your stock tires (275/45/20) - no rubbing and your speedo remains accurate - and offer decent all-terrain treads, even though you don't get much of a sidewall to play with. They are also fairly quiet and capable tires on the road, so you can leave them on all the time and will give up very little performance and handling compared to the stock Contis. Both brands also offer larger sizes (for 20" wheels), if you want to upsize a bit. If you have 19" wheels (the smallest ones that clear your front Brembo brakes), Goodyear MT/R or Pirelli Scorpion ATR sized 255/55/19 are the only decent offerings out there. The GYs are more aggressive and very tough off road, but have low speed rating and are not very quiet or competent on pavement. The Pirellis are nowhere near as aggressive but should be a better choice if you will venture off road only sporadically and will spend most of your time on the road.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
vinniman said:
the height of the rubber is 32.8" tall (325/50R20)
That's going to require some serious mods, they are huge. May need to cut the fenders and definitely a big lift. Also, I don't believe the OEM 20" rims would be wide enough to safely accommodate a 325 series tire. Not sure if the OP wants to go to those extremes... Those Dick Cepek tires are something else, too bad they don't have something sized to fit our cars better.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mongol.

General Grabber At2's come in an alternative 305/50R20 which are just over 1" taller than stock Rangey Sport tyres with rims.

The current DickCepek's need a 9.5" wide rim to sit on, where as the General Grabber only requires an 8.5" wide rim to bolt up to !

If the truck is running off-highway nearly all the time, the General tire is Xtra Load rated which should support your truck with say full load of fuel and five adults on board and a minimum air pressure of 23psi would be necessary for very smooth travel ?

As long as you're not driving on tarmac at ultra high speed, the At2's are OK because the General's are speed rated T[140km/h].

From the obvious destruction of your Conti' rubber the first and second outing, the Off-road conditions sound pretty hard work on the truck, reminds me of the 7 hour trek including 28 river crossings I made earlier in February 2009 just to visit my mum in the Solomon Islands. My uncle managed to bust one of the front shocks in his new 79 Series Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD ute on that trip, So if this is the sort of extreme terrain your truck will experience, it may need more than better tyres to survive.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello All,

Thank you very much. Somebody here trying Nitto Dune Grappler 265/50/R20 111T. Is it good for off-road?

There several choice of Nitto Dune Grappler 285/50/R20 116T, 265/50/R20 111T, LT285/55/R20 E 122R, LT305/55/R20 E 121R.
Which one can be to better choice? What would be cost Nitto tire? Here Nitto tire cost US$550.

Is it possible to use HSE 19" rim into RRSC?

BTW, I found that 20" rim very good high speed driving, 2 month ago I drive at 140km/h-150km/h on road driver side front tire's air blow out,
but vehicle very stable and no problem to stop by brake.

Balgaa

·
Registered
543 Posts
Balgaa.

Nitto Dune Grappler says what it is so, if you're likely to traverse any sandy conditions than this should be about US$395 / tyre.
Load rating is more important before the size selected, so the 116T specified should be used in the Nitto 285/50R20 fitment.

As per Mr. MOD' - his suggestion of Pirelli ATR's 255/55R19 should you get the smaller wheels that fit over your brakes are cool as an all-rounder, as they have the higher H speed rating (upto 210km/h) which should prevent your tyre blowouts if legal air pressures are maintained and for the tread thickness remaining when travelling at ulta high speeds in your supercharged L322 ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got dune grapples on my 04 RR there great on and off road and i've got about 25k on them now and they look new the pic is from when i painted my rims they got about 15k on them in that pic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts