RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was toying around with my 2011 HSE’s suspension using IIDTOOL BT when I inadvertently changed what the default height setting is. I intended to raise each level an inch or so.

First, when I go to off road height, I get the “suspension needs to cool” warning. I think it does raise though. I waited 24 hours to do it again, and this time, it raised normally to off road, then went to extended mode (no overheating warning)

My question is-If I set the height to my higher than the defaults off road height, does it automatically push it to extended mode?

Related question (I think)- when I turn engine off and lock doors, The front drivers side sags like it’s for access heigh. When engine is turned on, it goes up just fine to normal driving height? Is that typical behavior?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Was toying around with my 2011 HSE’s suspension using IIDTOOL BT when I inadvertently changed what the default height setting is. I intended to raise each level an inch or so.

First, when I go to off road height, I get the “suspension needs to cool” warning. I think it does raise though. I waited 24 hours to do it again, and this time, it raised normally to off road, then went to extended mode (no overheating warning)

My question is-If I set the height to my higher than the defaults off road height, does it automatically push it to extended mode?

Related question (I think)- when I turn engine off and lock doors, The front drivers side sags like it’s for access heigh. When engine is turned on, it goes up just fine to normal driving height? Is that typical behavior?
No. Probably a leaky air strut. Compressor is running all the time. Hence overheat.

This is your fair warning, this is your RR failing gracefully. Please take it in before you have to tow it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. Probably a leaky air strut. Compressor is running all the time. Hence overheat.

This is your fair warning, this is your RR failing gracefully. Please take it in before you have to tow it in.

Thanks ddm2k. Well, as I started to take it in yesterday, it went to bump stops. I was near my driveway, so I have at home still. The mechanic is about a mile away. Can I drive it on bump stops that far?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thanks ddm2k. Well, as I started to take it in yesterday, it went to bump stops. I was near my driveway, so I have at home still. The mechanic is about a mile away. Can I drive it on bump stops that far?
Waiting to hear from others on this. I would do it with my own if only a mile. I would NEVER drive like that across town.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts