RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car started its life as a demo vehicle for Land Rover, so it has options added to it. I'm certain the brush guard is a typical, but there is a heavy duty bar that is welded to the frame below it with two plugs and mounting holes. One plug is a standard 110 plug for a block heater. I am assuming it is a winch mount and that the second plug is related to that somehow. Does someone else have this option on their truck? Is it for powering a winch or controlling it some how?

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Most likely aux wiring for towing it behind a motor home. It would help to see what the pin out is for the additional plug.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Exactly what was on the front of my LWB for towing behind the motor home.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
72 Posts
ah crud got confused, responded to the wrong guy, ignore me. There was probably a tow bar, it looks like it might have been mounted in the holes on the bar beneath the plug, on both sides of your OSU plate!

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Wouldn't you have to remove both drive shafts to flat tow a rover?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Why? Stick the transfer case in neutral and you have no connection. Newer RRs this is done electrically via the transfer case motor.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Really? I had heard it would destroy my vc. looks like I've got a new tow vehicle!

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
I've heard that about the transmission but never the transfer case. My aunt towed the 95 for thousands of miles behind her Bluebird. There are even directions in the owners manual.

"Your vehicle can be towed behind a motorhome or other recreational vehicle.
Follow the procedure for towing the vehicle on four wheels."

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Much thanks for the input guys. My parents did just buy a diesel pusher... this is good news! Now I just need to convince them to drag my truck to Colorado next summer for a vacation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts