RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had 20" 7-spoke OEM LR wheels installed. They went on my 2005, and were optional on the HSE, standard on the Westminster. I've got Pirelli Snow and Ice on my old 19" wheels, and had Yokohama Parada Spec-X installed on the new 20". I got them from finishlinewheels.com. I was a little apprehensive about ordering from this company, as they refurbish used wheels. The transaction was smooth, and the product I got was to me (and the guys at Discount Tire) good as new. They balanced without a problem, and I've tested them up to 100mph without vibration. So I'm a happy customer.

On a side note, one of the reasons I wanted new rims was because my 19"ers were getting harder to clean due to brake dust build up. Well, I took a risk, and before storing them, hit them with a shot of non-chlorinated brake parts cleaner. Holy crap. The pits and pocks of solidified brake dust just wiped away, leaving the old rims looking nearly new. I waxed them and wished I'd have done that sooner. I was afraid the cleaner would ruin the finish, but apparently not.

·
Registered
148 Posts
might have not ruined the wheels but defiantly ate away at the clear coat.

Get some proper wheel cleaner at detailersdomain.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts