RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to take my roof rack off and refinish it.

I can take the cross bars off no problem.

Has anyone taken off the rails before? I need some hints on removal so i don't wreck it.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Same wrench removes the three trim panels per side. screw located under the rubber covers in the inboard of each rail. Once the trim panels are off you will have two anchors per foot to remove using the same wrench. It only takes about 25 minutes to remove the entire rack. Once removed the gutter trim can be pulled straight up for refinishing as well.it is only held in by friction/spring clips.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you :thumb:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have the exact same problem, and was wondering what you plan on doing to re-finish yours. It would make a world of difference on the appearance of my vehicle, as my paint has pretty much all gone from the feet (the rails are still fine).

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
? Well I guess he is goinna use paint. That's what I used and it worked out great. :thumb:

·
Registered
405 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
? Well I guess he is goinna use paint. That's what I used and it worked out great. :thumb:
haha i knew my post would be misunderstood but i had to run for dinner. what i meant to say was he going to be painting the entire rack so as to make sure the colours matched, or just where it needed paint? also, with regards to the areas that still have the paint, will you be removing the existing paint job? last time i had to paint over steel like that of the feet, the paint peeled after about a month or so (i did use the proper paint, or so i think i did...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts