RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange problem that seems to have gotten worse over time: My radio no longer seeks, but all too often lands on stations with poor receptions. I am not tuning and not scanning, but seeking. Has anyone come across this before? If so, is there a fix? Thanks!

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on this.

To clarify, when I state tuning, I mean manually going to the next possible station (i.e.: 100.3 to 100.4), when I state seeking, I mean automatically going to the next station with reception (i.e.: 100.03 to 101.1, in New York City), and when I state scanning, I mean having the radio continually seeking on its own, until you make it stop.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
your description is as per RAVE, and the display should also say "SEEK" for the mode your enquiring about, does "Auto-Store" do anything better? Do the FM/AM aerial amp's in the back go bad, wiring all secure??

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply, Larry. Seek now appears only for a very brief moment, as the radio jumps to the next, poor reception quality station too soon, before landing on a good reception quality station, as it had in the past. I removed the face / deck and the wiring is snug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts