RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wanted to try and snap a picture of the front end of my car to help in the description of this post, but I got home from work after the sun set. So I will do my best to describe the part in question even though I don't know the technical name for it. In the morning I'll try and snap a picture of it.

I have owned a 2004 Range Rover HSE for about a week now and despite some odds and ends here that need to be attended to I am very happy with it for the time being. I know this is just the "honeymoon" phase and I knew when I bought it what I was getting myself into, but in the end I really didn't care. It was what I had been really wanting for quite awhile. For it's age cosmetically it has very little wear and tear.

My Range Rover is pretty much like all the rest of them floating out around this world, except for the fact that it has some sort of OEM or Optional "safari/offroad front end protection bar" attached to the front end. I am not sure if it's some sort of dealer option that came with it or whatnot, but it has the Range Rover lettering on the top middle of the bar, and it has a place to mount the front license plate. While I do think it's interesting, for me it really just looks blocky and out of place and to me it makes my Range Rover look like a really expensive piece of farming equipment. :oops:

I will be bluntly honest and say that I got this SUV because it's 4wd and where I am attending school has very brutal winters. But other than just being capable to drive in potentially severe weather and not get stuck, I have little to no interest in doing any serious off-roading in this SUV.

I was wondering first off, what it is...if it was some sort of option or dealer add-on, and if possible if it can be removed to look as if it wasn't put on the car. Secondly, can it be taken off by myself or if it is more complicated than that.

Let me know.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then yeah it's a brush guard. That's what it looks like.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Very easy to take off but you will have big holes left in the front bumper... either get them filled and it sprayed or get a second hand one... They do fetch reasonable money when sold on ebay....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts