RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a P38 Diesel DT manual with a "lowline" becm. I have a couple of genuine foglights to go in it, and have also got the proper switch for it. I don't like having non factory switches in the vehicle as I think they look out of place.

Thing is, i know that I am going to have to fit a non-factory relay with some new wiring to the lights but this does not bother me as it will not be seen.

However, the correct fog-light switch needs an odd shaped plug on the back of it, does anyone have one of these, part of the wiring loom, or know where I can get one?

Regards,

Dave

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,393 Posts
I got a couple of connectors with about 300mm of wire from a wreck when I fitted my driving lights.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,761 Posts
Another thing to add to the mix is that the switch covers are all interchangeable. If you grab a cruise switch (or hazard) and fog from a breaker you can put the fog push button on the cruise switch. The cruise switch is a latching switch. i.e.; it stays on when pressed instead of a momentary switch like the fog switches. Using the latching switch you can run a basic relay system with your self manufactured fog switch as the trigger in the circuit.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,393 Posts
Or you can buy the genuine latching switch from LR which is what I did. It has the foglight symbol on it. Scouse told me about that.

From another thread:

p38arover said:
If you want a matching switch to fit the fascia switch panel, try STC7811

info provided by Scouse:

Scouse said:
STC7811, list price of A$27.28.

It looks just like the front foglight switch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

I've got the proper switch, but as mentioned, the plug that connects to the back of the switch is what I need. Did think about going to the local LR dealer but that's over an hour away!

Would be great if someone had this bit!!

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts