RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I am contemplating buying a 2012 L322 to replace my 2008 L322. I am buying the car remotely and I have one serious concern. The carFax indicates the car was originally delivered in Canada and spent almost all of its life in Canada. I was under the impression that all cars delivered in Canada has the speedometers and Odometers calibrated in Kilometers. They are advertising the mileage on the car in miles not Kilometers and claim to have no idea if the odometer was ever recalibrated into miles.
I may be all wrong on this and the Canadian cars may have a simple way to change fro Kilometers to miles but I am not sure so I thought I would ask the question on this forum.
Any info is greatly appreciated.
J.J.Jones

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
When brought into the US all cars are required to either be changed to SAE via electronic button or setting for digital instruments or speedometer overlay for analogue instrumentation not displaying both metric and SAE. However I think you will find that the 2012 odometer is digital so it changes along with your MPG, trip etc when you change the setting in your displays. It should also have an MPH overlay on the speedo as it is analogue and would have come with only KM/H shown.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's correct, in the settings menu you can choose metric or imperial. It changes everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A quick follow up question, the speedometer is in Kilometers, I am not certain if this is an actual gauge, or is it a computer generated instrument? I am hoping the speedometer can be changed into Miles vice kilometers.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
THen it has not been imported yet or someone brought it in and the inspector did not followup on all the requirements. It is an analogue gauge with no secondary scale. As noted above it should have had the MPH overlay installed on the gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts